Multi BSOD's 0X3B, 0X4E, 0X50, 0XD1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know where to begin. I started getting these lovely BSOD's yesterday. I dont know how it even happened. Just all the sudden bang. BSOD.

I figured I got a virus and ran avast virus scanner and said I had a malware and it got rid of it. I also ran malwarebytes and said i had 2 infected files and got rid of them. Reran the scans and everything came up clean, cool. Then bang another blue screen. I would restart and it would instantly happen again... sometimes it would go 4 or 5 times in a row (on the win xp logo screen before i even get to the desktop) giving me these different messages like 0x0000004E, 0x00000003B, 0x0000000050, and the newest one seems to be more common now is 0x0000000D1.

Some of these BSOD's had file names like npfs.sys and acpi.sys, cmudaxp.sys and nvatax64.sys

I figured maybe my video driver was out of date (nvidia geforce 98000 GTX) so i updated my vid driver to the most recent and hope that would solve the issue. I got on a game and bang, BSOD with the 0x000000D1 error.

Im running on windows xp x64. just so strange how this happened all the sudden was doing perfect! The system is only a year old or so.

I attached some minidump files hoping there is an easy fix to this.

Another interesting thing is after multiple crashes on the windows x64 logo screen it would do a check disc scan and it said it was deleting corrupt attribute record (-1442840560) segment 160... did this only one time and after it did that I was able to get back on to the desktop finally but soon after another blue screen.

Thank you.

I also ran memtest86 on the computer to check to see if the memory was corrupt through the night and it passed with no errors.

Two minidumps are 0x3B and ox50 and both only cited Windows drivers which are too general to be of much help.

Another 0x3B specifically cited memory corruption as your issue.

Another error is 0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

This error is one of the strongest indicators of corrupted memory and your dump listed corrupted memory as the cause.

The final error is 0xD1 and these are often caused by faulty drivers or faulty/mismatched RAM. In your case it cited the C-Media sound driver cmudaxp.sys.

* First update your sound card drivers and see if that brings stability.

* My concern still lies with your memory. Bad RAM has been known -- on occasion -- to pass this test. What is your make and model of your motherboard and what is the make of your RAM and how much do you have installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back