Regedit disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinavabhi2

i have a problem that i am not able to open registry editor using run i typed regedit.exe
and it tells me that registry editing has been disabled by your administrator. but how to enable it
i don't know although i m the administrator.

I just replied to the question you asked regarding svchost.exe. In view of the fact, taking both that and the loss of regedit, you most likely have malware. It is possible it's a Permission problem, but I still recommend the malware check.

Please move over to the Virus and Malware Removal forum. Follow the steps here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Attach the three logs when done and we will review them.
I'm going to edit the svchost.exe thread to note malware cleaning has been recommended.

well thanks a lot for responding and helping me.
i wanted to ask that are all these 8 steps needed to be followed..?
u see, its a long process, but i will do the things and i have even completed first two. but it will take some 3-4 days more for me to complete all of them and then i will attach .log files
again thanks for helping...

1. Make sure you have a running, updated antivirus program.
2. Download and run each of the three programs:
Malwarebytes
Superantispyware
HijackThis

Attach the logs

We can catch up on the other steps later. You do need to run those 3 programs. Don't forget to move over to the Virus and Malware Removal forum.

NOTE: the more malware you have the longer it takes.
The more files, the longer it takes> this is why a basic disc cleanup is recommended at the beginning.

u know i once thought all my problems have been solved, since when for the first time i installed
antiavira and comodo firewall and then cccleaner and i saw nothing wrong while my typing.
although regedit was giving problems.
but actually i didnt understand step 3 and i ignored it and went for step 4 and after doing so,
i think this problem rose again. i dont know whether this happened due to restarting my laptop or due to malware bites in step 4. please tell me what can i do now.

Please do the following as originally requested, if you would like help with malware removal:

1. Make sure you have a running, updated antivirus program.
2. Download and run each of the three programs:
Malwarebytes
Superantispyware
HijackThis

Attach the logs

This thread was started 4 weeks ago. You have not provided us with the logs to check for malware.

Step 3 tells you to temporarily disable Real Time Protection. The most common you might have are:
TeaTimer in Spybot Search and Destroy
and
AdWatch in AdAware.

If this is keeping you from completing the steps, skip it for now. I can't do anything until you provide logs to see if there is malware, if it was removed, if we need to remove additional entries and if we need to run another program.

The additional section of step 3 refers to P2P or file sharing programs. Among the most common are uTorrent, BitTorrent, Limewire, Firewire, Bearshare and many others. Since filesharing also brings in malware, we suggest that you uninstall these type of programs. If you choose not to, we ask that you do not use them while we are helping you clean.

If you do use P2P while we're helping and it is contributing to the malware, we can withdraw out support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back