IE doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends,
No one has answered yet. The problem is when I click on Internet Explorer, a dialogue box pops up, says to close it. So I can't work on IE. I've downloaded IE8 from Microsoft site, also in Tools menu I've clicked on reset even it doesn't work.

I agree with Bobbye, but the problem you report is not uncommon these days, and has happened to me as well as to many of our clients without good reason.

What's_Your_IE_Solution

Hi Raybay,
When you came across this problem (IE - stuck) what have you done? Infact I've download IE again but again it's not working.

Most of our problems have come up when IE 6.11 was upgraded to 7.0 and then again to 8.0... complicated to other installs of Microsoft updates and downloads.

We didn't get rid of the problem until we removed IE 8.0, then IE 7.0, then Service Pack 3, then a passel of other Windows and Microsoft updates...

Then rebooted, defragged, then rebooted, and then installed everything once more... first the Updates, taking care not to install IE 7.0 or 8.0, then Service Pack 3, then Internet Explorer 7.0... when we found IE 7.0 was working properly, we upgraded to 8.0

We know it is terrible frustrating... but we had three machines affected, and don't know if Microsoft has come up with a better fix, but that was the only thing that worked for us... and it took most of the day, obviously.

There must be a better fix... but I don't know what it could be... We did find a lot of information reporting the problem was apparently caused by the order in which later updates were added before and after Service pack 3 and IE 7.0.

We have had no problems at all since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back