Still no internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfret

i'm still without internet, i was thinking of installing a wireless pci card and see if i can get on line wireless. All the network adapters indevice manager have yellow exclamation marks. if you select device manager, view, select show hidden devices, that entire list has the marks. i'm wondering if that list pertains to wireless connections also..... someone please help me with this as soon as possible.thanks.

You have a lot of stuff to install. You need to get rid of those yellow and red flags in the device manager, and you do that by installing the software to all components in the case.

yellow flags

how would be the best way to download the drivers.... with no internet? can I still hook up wirelessly?

Is it not possible to download to the machine of a friend, or a public source such as a public library, then save them all to a flash drive, from which you can load them to your machine?

Sorry to hear of your problem, but if you try broadband comparison sites can help you find a new provider, if that's what you need?

MusicFret, do you have any CD's that came with your computer? In a pinch like that I've had to go back to the manufacture's disk and re-install the drivers.

I'm going to throw up a guess that your PCI Bus driver is missing. Probably due to Windows being reinstalled, or by some accident in Device Manager. If that's the case, adding a wireless card behind a non-working PCI Bus is not going to help you. You probably need to find out who makes this computer and get the "chipset" driver from them and install it. Once that's cleared up, you'll need to install the network drivers. After that, you should be back on the Internet without much more hassle and you can get the rest of the drivers off the internet.

What computer did you use to post the message? Can it be used to download the drivers and save the files onto a flash drive?

Just curious, what were the circumstances between the computer working and not working?

get a thumb drive and make sure you can access it before proceeding.

then take it to a friends system and load the drivers to it

bring it home and install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back