Building A Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great cpu. I do believe, however, that you can get AM3 boards that very good and cheaper. Also, with an AM3 board you can go with DDR3 memory and there are some terrific offerings.

Plus, check out Corsair psu's; great output and cheaper.

ok could u supply some links to some that would work with the rest of the stuff i have? I worked my butt off to see if these would work because im no good with hardware and dont know where to look. lol

1 prblm bout that power supply, i wont be buying the parts till after december soo yeah

Lol would it be better though and would it work together if so IM GETTING IT its 300$ cheaper

Lol would it be better though and would it work together if so IM GETTING IT its 300$ cheaper
Yes except I would rather get the RAM I posted above, and my motherboard too if you'd like to save a tiny bit, no huge difference.
I like the ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
and G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ - Retail

ok so i like the motherboard with HDMI and the ram is smaller in size and has the same compatibility and i believe its cheaper and i think the motherboard also has the same speed and cheaper as well but would it work with everything ritwik 7 says?

Yes except I would rather get the RAM I posted above, and my motherboard too if you'd like to save a tiny bit, no huge difference.

Hi HK. The AMD 790FX chipset is a better performer than the 790GX, esp. where OCing is concerned. At a higher overclock the 790FX is supposed to be more stable. However, I'm using the ASUS M4A78T-E 790GX that you mentioned myself and have got the X3 720 to 3.6 GHz. :)

As far as the RAM goes, the Ripjaws I recommended have fairly lower timings compared to the other and should perform a little better (though not a significant difference).

well im looking for the best combhination of performance for a low price so yeah

Hi HK. The AMD 790FX chipset is a better performer than the 790GX, esp. where OCing is concerned. At a higher overclock the 790FX is supposed to be more stable. However, I'm using the ASUS M4A78T-E 790GX that you mentioned myself and have got the X3 720 to 3.6 GHz.
With only minor overclocking (after all, he doesn't seem like the avid overclocker), my board would do just fine, and its a bit cheaper.
About the RAM, mine was like $5 cheaper, and is a great pair of RAM, but either way, little difference.
Both motherboards are good, but you get what you pay for.

ill probably get the HDMI motherboard because thats what i use, and he says the rip jaws are a little better so yeah

ill probably get the HDMI motherboard because thats what i use, and he says the rip jaws are a little better so yeah
Sorry if i'm wrong, but i'm under the impression that you are using a graphics card (and using the graphics cards HDMI)?
When exactly do you plan on purchasing this?

umm yeah but i always like to have the free spot for HDMI and i am prbly planning on getting it around december so i am just getting some quick thoughts, i will re use this forum when i get the money

OK I am abandoning my plans on making my computer, with my configuration... Instead i am going to put it into your hands and tell em what to buy, lol i know you probably think i am lazy but i will be adding parts and links on this forum too, i am totally open to any suggestions, like an aquarium computer, or a robot T-Rex that walk around on the computer desk, but my budget will be 700 - 1200, 1300$ you might be able to convince me to go to 1500$ if it really worth it. Ok so now you have my info now DON'T SCREW THIS UP ITS IN YOUR HANDS NOW, lol jk well hope to see all the new ideas (Oh, and 1 more thing i was too lazy to edit that last part so im putting this at the end, i am hoping to get this computer early nest year, 2010, so if there are any up coming items add those or at least make sure everything will still be in date because id hate to be the kid with a 1500$ dell sitting on his desk OK? so yeah... OH And i live in Canad so make sure everything is available on newegg.ca or tigerdirect.ca)

2010, so if there are any up coming items add those or at least make sure everything will still be in date because id hate to be the kid with a 1500$ dell sitting on his desk OK? so yeah... OH And i live in Canad so make sure everything is available on newegg.ca or tigerdirect.ca)
Really, thats too far to tell.
By that time Fermi will be out, the HD5000 series will be cheaper, and SSD drives may be a viable option. Be lazier and forget about it until the time comes!
However, I would think it would center around a core i5, probably.

Post back here when you're ready to build one. That would be the ideal time to start hunting for components.

OK i just thought i should get a head start so when i have the money i simply buy everything

OK well i am abandoning my "dreams" of building my computer, with school started, I am not getting enough hours to even buy a game, so instead I will upgrade my computer I have right now to the best I can, so Ram, Processor, Video Card, and if my power supply cant handle it, A New Power Supply. This will cost a lot less but I dont know what is compatible with my computer, so that's where you come in. I know a couple a things about my computer, The motherboard only supports 8 GB's of Ram and I think it MIGHT have a built in CPU, so upgrading may not be possible. Here is a link to my computer specs - The Model Is HP Pavilion Media Center M8532F - Link - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...68&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3752873&lang=en
So any help will do and the cheapest possible methods would be appreciated. Thnx.
I will be on here at least twice a day (my school doesn't block this site XD) so recent updates will be submitted and reply's will be often. Thnx for the help guyz!

We need a price range, but the basic upgrade would be a powersupply and graphics card.
4GB of RAM is fine.
And school didn't stop me from building mine, well worth sleepless nights!

Consider:
CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
SAPPHIRE 100255HDMI Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
for a total of $110.

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
HIS H485FM512H Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
For $175

CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ... - Retail
XFX HD-487A-ZWFC Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
For $245

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 ... - Retail
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100269VXLE Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
$310

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ... - Retail
ASUS EAH5850/G/2DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI ... - Retail
$420

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ... - Retail
SAPPHIRE 100281SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video ... - Retail
$510

I think ill go for this
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 ... - Retail
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100269VXLE Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Because it has HDMI support which I love and it has good performance, I also dont think it will be out dated by the time iI get it which will be in about a month or so, well see how I get paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back