Best graphics card upgrade for HP Pavilion a6827c-b

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitanesic

Hi guys,

Just got HP Pavilion a6827c-b desktop for my birthday and so far its great.The only thing that bothers me is the integrated graphic card,its really not so good for games.So i want to upgrade,i have a budget of 125$ to get a new graphic card.I would like to get some decent graphic card that will allow me to play most of the games that are currently out or will be out soon.I do not care what settings those games are gonna be on,as long as they work smooth i will be fine.I repeat once again,I do not care about resolution or things like that as long as i can play those games with a good fps rate i will be more than satisfied....

These are the specs of the pc....
HP Pavilion a6827c-b desktop:
Base processor Pentium E5200 (W) 2.5 GHz (65W)800 MHz front side bus
Socket 775
Chipset Intel G33 Express
Motherboard Manufacturer: Asus
Motherboard Name: IPIBL-LB
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Benicia-GL8E
Power supply 300W
Memory Installed 6 GB
*Actual available memory may be less
Speed supported PC2-6400 MB/sec
Type 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM
Hard drive500 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)
7200 rpm

Sorry cause its a little mess,took them off from a website....
btw I would like if i could play games such as Fallout 3 and Lock On on it....
Any suggestions guys?
Thanks a bunch!

Looks good mate,i am kinda more Nvidia type of guy but the reviews of this one sound pretty neat....
Any suggestions when it comes to some Nvidia GForce card?

Edit:
What do you guys think about Sapphire 100245HDMI Radeon HD4850 512MB?

The HD 4850 is also a very good pick. It will perform slightly better than the HD 4770 but will consume a lot more power. Your PSU will not be enough for either card infact.

@Ritwik7
What do you mean by psu will not be enough,its too....weak?Does that mean that the card will not work right?
Guys have in mind that im not that into computers,so i might ask some nobbish question....

@TomSEA
They both look good but im not sure i can afford the first one,unless i find some money on the street.But the thing thats kinda confusing me is that,as much as i know,the G series is the last one that NVidia published so why are those cards so cheap?
I remember buying an en8800gts couple of years back,when it was first offered for sale for like 300$,but now the latest versions of Nvidias gfxs are not that expensive....

Thanks for replies guys,appreciated....

I didn't notice the Power Supply until Ritwik7 mentioned it. No doubt about it, that 300w one won't run a system with a decent card at all. You'll need to get at least a 450w power supply.

The "G" series cards are new technology and built more efficiently. That's why they're cheaper.

To be honest though, I'd break away from your nVidia preference and go with the ATI cards recommended here. I've been an nVidia fan forever and currently own a GTX 285. But the facts are facts - the recently released ATI cards are better cards right now and the next time I upgrade, ATI is the way I'm going to go.

But isnt the one i found cheaper and has bigger power?
Yeah i understand that i found it in wall mart and its some,not so famous,manufacturer but right now i can only afford cheap stuff and the reviews for this PSU are pretty good....

You can get the new Radeon HD 5750 ($129 at newegg) which will actually let you play most recent games with good details, and normally should not necessitate change of PSU (I use it with 350W and no probs). Forget the HD 4850 though, you would need a quality PSU for that one.

But isnt the one i found cheaper and has bigger power?

It is cheaper but it's power output will in all probability be inferior to the Corsair 400CX. It is a very good PSU and should run the HD 4770 without any issues.

I absolutely have to veto the nVidia 9600 GSO.

Btw, Klepto, and Ritwik, I'm loving my HAF 932. =)

That's good to know. :)

Because of what?

As it would be very much inferior in performance when compared to the HD 4770, If you're looking for something in the price range of the 9600 GSO then I would recommend the ATI HD 4670.

Gratz on getting the extra bling-bling. I'd recommend a minimum 500W power supply.

But i think that g250 requires 450W power supply,the one you suggested is 400W and i read somewhere that it is advisable to get a stronger psu than a gfx requires,so wont that psu be kinda weak for g250?
Thanks for your replies guys....

It's the Amps on the +12V Rails is that main thing you should be looking at when you're getting a new PSU when you have a Slightly Powerful Graphics Card, that being said the GTX 260 Core 216 that I have from EVGA eats up around 36 Amps on my PSUs +12V Rail.

This is a better Discription of the Graphics Card, it requires 24 Amps on the +12V Rail.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=01G-P3-1155-TR&family=Geforce 200 Series Family

All and all, you'll be good.

Wow that looks good,well i think thats the winning combination!
Thanks for all your help guys,much appreciated!
Im gonna let you know how will they perform,wish me luck....
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back