Google/search engine redirect problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

counter

Hello Techspot,
Since a couple of days ago, I started to get redirected to random websites/searches every single time I click on a search engine's (google/yahoo) search link. (happens w/ all my browser e.g. firefox, chrome, etc)

I've tried scanning the computer with multiple anti spyware programs such as spybot, Spyware doctor, trojan remover, Lavasoft ad-aware, Gooredfix, Bazooka -- all of which yields no result. I still end up with the redirect every single time I click on a google search link

I am currently using a Windows XP profession Service pack 3. I have a Mcafee antivirus and firewall with which I have used to scan the computer as well (and also disable during the HJT process)

I have done the 8-steps Malware Preliminary Removal and am still getting the redirect.

I understand that there are a lot of people out there with similar problems that needs to be helped as well. Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

I have tried to re-install all my browsers (IE, firefox, and chrome) as well.

Its futile, I still get the same re-directing issue on my browsers =/

Thanks for the reply Tmagic. As mentioned in my initial post, I did try to use trojan remover, and cleaned everything it detected on my system.

However, I still have the google redirect problem even after I do so.

Please advise on further steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back