Tcpip.sys BSOD when using Utorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a problem with Utorrent where my pc crashes pretty much every time I turn on the program and get Tcpip.sys error in the BSOD.

Anyone that can help?

Attachments

• Mini021510-01.zip
    133.9 KB · Views: 1
Four errors are 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

The fifthe error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware though sometimes a driver can be the culprit.

All five cite the AVG driver avgtdix.sys as the cause of your system crashes. If you do a search you will find many people have problems with this one.

AVG may also be flagging uTorrent as dangerous and thus conflicts arise. Try updating AVG and seriously consider installoing Service Pack 3 minus KB977165.

Is there any way to "un-flag" utorrent in AVG if this is the case? Also, would the problem be gone if i uninstalled AVG and got some other anti-virus program instead?

Thanks for the quick reply, very grateful for all help :)

I would first try to update AVG. Also, is this the free version or paid? If paid see if there is an exclusion option or trust option to allow the Utorrent.exe.

There are better options than AVG but if it has been protecting you there is no need to change.

Its the free version but would like to change it if it would fix my Utorrent problem, cant use it currently which is quite annoying :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back