BSOD in windows 7,Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

berbecverde

Hi.
A few days ago I got the first BSOD saying something about "irql_not_less_or_equal"
then it restarts the computer.
It happens once a day or 4-5 times in an hour.So I really do not know what the problem is.this is a Sony Vaio laptop, and windows 7 ultimate.
I do not have the knowledge to solve this problem so any help is appreciated.
I attached the minidump files incase someone can take a look and help in any way.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Minidump1.zip
    185.6 KB · Views: 2
I got a few more BSOD's since I posted the problem.
It is getting on my nerves.
:)

Attachments

• Minidump2.zip
    83.2 KB · Views: 2
There is a very good chance that your system's ram is causing this; as almost all of the BSoD errors points in this direction (i.e. RAM / hadware issues); I'll advise you to run memtest as described in this excellent guide. Let us know if memtest finds any errors.

i did a bootable dvd with memtest and it is rununig for a few hours now on the laptop but still no errors.
by the way the laptop is :

Sony Vaio VGN-Z21WN.
core 2 duo P9500.
4gb ddr 3.

so any ideas?
thank you.

Laptop:
Sony Vaio VGN-Z21WN, Core2Duo p9500, 4Gb DDR3.

Running memtest for some time now but no error yet.
4 pass no error.
Maybe it is not the RAM.
Someone any ideeas?
Thank you.:confused:

A. Let memtest run for at least 8 passes.

B. Second probable cause in such cases can be a faulty device driver. You can find it by following these instructions:

Steps:
1) Windows Key + R (or Click on Start, Run..)
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". When this occurs please post your minidump.

Now, do you remember if you updated any driver(s) around the time this problem started to occur?

Edit:
I forgot to add that all but one of your minidump's tells one thing that HAL.DLL is involved, hence I am tilting more towards the hardware issue.

I have to laptops
1. Sony Vaio VGN-SR29VN.
2. Sony Vaio VGN-Z21WN.

I get the BSOD on both.The only difference is that on the second i get up to 10 BSOD's a day.
On the first i get 1 or 2 a day.
The only thing i did on both was to update the Alcohol 120% to a new version.
but i am not sure how this can cause BSOD's.
I checked the last minidump (got it 5 minutes ago )with bluescreenview and in the section CUASED BY DRIVER it says hal.dll.
Is this relevant?
Thank you.:confused:

Bit weird but well there is no harm in uninstalling Alcohol by booting into safe mode, please go ahead and do it.

Exactly what i pointed out while editing the above post.

Edit:
Do you have Windows 7 Setup DVD ?

Well just in case we need it. Please let me know if you have uninstalled Alcohol and if so did it helped?

i did uninstal it.
i went back to a previous build but now when i run alcohol 120%, the system crashes whitout blue screen or any other message.
that is great, right?no more blue screen:haha:
just kidding.
is there any chance that if i restore the windows from 0 the blue screen problem goes away?

i went back to a previous build but now when i run alcohol 120%, the system crashes whitout blue screen or any other message.

If you dont run it does system now stays stable? Also can't you try to uninstall it by going to Control Panel, Programs?

yes
if i do not run it there is no problem,yet.
i did that verifier thing to so if i get another blue screen we could have more info.
right?

Yes, well keep me posted about your progress; however, do you know what is the exact version number of Alcohol 120 you had on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back