Inactive Two iexplore.exe *32 processes running in task manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I would greatly appreciate any advice on what to do next. I went through the 8 steps but gmer.exe (not named this) would only scan services, registry, and files while all other choices were greyed out.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-08-29 (18-54-17).txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Attach.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DDS.txt
    13 KB · Views: 2
  • hijackthis.log
    6 KB · Views: 1
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 08-29-2010 - 23-07-42.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to TechSpot! I'm checking your logs now.

In the meantime, Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Edit: GMER doesn't work on 64bit operating systems, not does HijackThis. FYI, 2 or more running iexplore.ese processes are normal in IE8. But they an also be malware. Do you notice any other problems with the system? Mbam removed multiple MyWebSearch entries.

Please run this online virus scan to see if anything gets picked up:

Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus scan HEREhttp://www.eset.eu/online-scanner
  1. Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  2. Click Start
  3. When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  4. Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  5. Click Start
  6. Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  7. Click Scan
  8. Wait for the scan to finish
  9. Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  10. A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

ok i have serious problems

First off, thanks for reply . bank account was zeroed out today and after spending some time with bank found out card # taken and used for 33 charges last 2 to 3 days. Anyway i got it taken care with bank. long day. I tried to run online virus program 5 times and it kept getting stuck at 44%. I have never seen the double instance of iexplore.exe *32 until couple days ago and norton has been "blocking" numerous attempts to access computer. I will try to post norton recent history

norton recent log

seems like norton is doing something all the time
also I noticed windows hasnt had an update since 8/12
even though it checked today

Attachments

• Norton Recent History.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
You're going to have to take up this issue with Norton. The only 2 things I can make out from that log are:

1. Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/cc917486.aspx

2. IP 159.148.117.21, 80",ergoprotect.in/plugins
netname: LVDATSSIA
descr: LV Dats SIA
If it's blocking incoming access to your computer from this IP, it's a good thing and what you have a firewall to do.

There are Java related entries indicating possible exploit- the Java cache should be emptied.

In your bank comment, do you mean there was 30 something unauthorized withdrawals? If that is the case, I strongly recommend you reformat/reinstall. If the banking was penetrated, so were all of your passwords and other personal information.

hello

it was credit card info that was used for skype and itunes
I have no disk whatsoever for this laptop, it came preloaded with vista home
so a reformat is out . I updated my java but was wondering how to get rid of the iexplore.exe *32 problem. On other posts people seemed to be able to fix it.

how to get rid of the iexplore.exe *32 problem. On other posts people seemed to be able to fix it.
First, you need to understand that it is normal to see multiple iexplore.exe entries with IE8.
Second, others are able to fix it only if malware is hiding in one of those entries and it is found and removed.

Unfortunately, this is a redundancy that is a built-in tab recovery feature in IE8 so that if one tab crashes in IE8, it's not suppose to crash all of IE8 and allow you to still use IE8 and the other opened tabs.

I'll check the logs you left to see if any malware shows up, then we can go from there. Do you not have a Recovery Console on the system or even a Recovery disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back