XFX HD 5770 question

justinone

Hey all got my HD 5770 today and tested it out on world in conflict. However the framerate seems to be somewhat worse than my old HD 4850? Do GPU's tend to "wear in" or "run in" as you use them and get better? only using AA 4X and AF 8X on 1440x900. Latest Drivers. any suggestions?

Using C2D E6750 3.00GHZ
485w Ennermax noisetaker
2GB ram
Vista 32

I dont think this "wear in" exists, if anything gpu's get slower as time goes on. I assume your running the right and latest drivers for your card?

ahh i found the problem now! the card was underclocked by almost 300mhz memory clock! autotune got it back up and things are much better now! why it was underclocked i do not know!

It would still be a good idea to trace down what caused the underclock, to prevent it happening again, but I am glad you solved your problem. Not that I was much help. :p

after running tests on world in conflict the card definatly performs worse than my 4850. when im scrolling around the map it stutters quite badly and not realy smooth unless looking out of map away from graphic intense areas. i have the same settings as i did my 4850 and it ran smooth as silk. performed driver sweeper which i think seemed to help a little bit but not much.The lag seems to be quite random and not being related to graphic intense areas where slowdowns happen. it just lags then goes normal and it will lag ect. done a fresh install, no programs running in background.

the cpu more than likely is bottlenecking your card but also the 5770 only has a 128bit memory path and i think the 4850 has a 256 bit memory path.

I did a benchmark on world in conflict with default settings it it read

Average FPS : 35

Minimum FPS : 10

this cant be right?

Agreed with Cinders. Long time ago, i had an issue with an xfx card. Never bought one again. I now have a HD5770 and no problems so far (as you can see in my specs). I'm running Starcraft 2 at 1280x1024 everything ultra high, so, can't say i'm not happy with my video card xD

Back