BCP3: FFFFFA800B05B340
BCP4: FFFFF800037805D0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\122410-25474-01.dmp
C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-25552-0.sysdata.xml

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I would like to know whats causing this issue as it happens every few days. If anymore information is required please let me know.

Attachments

• LatestMinidump.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
  • OldMiniDumps.zip
    131.3 KB · Views: 1
All errors are 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

* in your case one minidump specifically cited your cause as your harddrive. Therefore...

1. Back up everything of importance NOW. There is a very possibility your HD can fail at any moment and data recovery from a crashed HD is expensive.

2. What is the make of your harddrive?

My current main hard drive is A-DATA S599 AS599S-128GM-C 2.5" 128GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211471

My storage drives for games and such are 3 western digital black 1tb
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136533

I have 4 hard drives at the moment any idea which one is going bad? Smart says they are all fine and drive tests past normally. I see after reading the new reviews on newegg about my SSD I need to call a-data and have them update it's bios. I guess i'll just use my old hard drive and send it in for a bios upgrade.

Did you run the WD diagnostic long test on those drives? Please keep us updated on the SSD.

I will run the first extended test tonight before i go to sleep. Seems the test will take about 3 hours for each drive. I am leaning towards it being the SSD as it's the most recent addition to my computer and the blue screens started a few days after it was added. I just did some more investigating it seems in my device manager my SATA AHCI Controller was using the microsoft generic driver so i went and downloaded the Intel ICH10 Chipset driver for it hopefully that helps with system stability. If not the issue must be related to the firmware on my ssd or one of my 1tb drives. I still plan to run the extended tests on each one over the next couple of days but i am hoping the BSOD issues will stop.

Well it's now 12/30/2010 and i made this post 4 days ago. My blue screen issues seem to have been solved by installing the intel chipset driver when i posted this. I've tested all my drives and they seem fine.

Seems the driver update increased stability however I did receive another blue screen.

A-DATA has released a firmware upgrade for my SSD drive I am going to apply it now and see if that fixes the blue screen issue.

adatausa.com/?action=product_download&cid=3&piid=33

I have attached the blue screen dump and I hope someone can take a look at it and inform me if it was indeed a hard drive issue that caused it.

Attachments

• 010411-28860-01.zip
    25.9 KB · Views: 2
Well it's been 5 days since my last post and since i updated my SSD's firmware. I haven't had a BSOD since. I did an extended test on each of my 1tb hard drives and they all passed. I used to WD tool to do an extended test on my SSD by a-data it also passed the test. Seems my issue is resolved hopefully.

Sorry to have missed your post from 6 days ago. Sounds like you found and corrected your issue. Good work on your part and thanks for keeping us updated.

Back