Low FPS in World of Warcraft

Hey guys, I just had a new system built, leaps and bounds better then my last. Yet i'm getting lower FPS in WoW then what i was getting from my old one..?
Here are the specs, if anyone has any idea whats holding my FPS back please advise!

CPU: Intel Core I7 950 @ 3.07GHz, 3068 MHz, 4 Cores
Ram: 12GB Patriot Viper II Sector 7 DDR3
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6970 / Syncmaster @ 1680x1050 / Driver 8.801.0.0
Overclocked to: GPU clock: 950MHz Memory Clock: 1450MHZ
Mobo: Sabertooth x58
Hard Drive: 977GB Seagate ATA device (SATA)

Should be more then enough to completely blow away the req's for WoW... If anyone can tell me whats up please do!

My FPS currently is sitting around 30-40 with Vsync / Triple Buffering on.
With Vsync / buffering off, I can reach around 50 FPS but i see a ton of tearing.
From what I have read this system should easily reach 100 FPS

You didn't really specify where in the game you're getting these frame rates or what your current WoW settings are compared to your last setup. You also didn't tell us what kind of hardware your last setup was. WoW isn't as light-weight as many people make it out to be - if your settings are set with a strong slant toward image quality (AA up high, shadows, et.) and you're talking the middle of Dalaran, then it can be rough on almost any machine out there.

Hey sorry, Catalyst version is in fact 10.12, the 8.801 I originally posted was actually the "driver package version".
As for heat, it's been fine so far. After running WoW for about an hour the temp is only sitting at around 55-60 degrees Celsius.

The rates im using here are in Stormwind Trade Dist, its the most populated place on my server. Settings are all high or ultra short of a few such as shadow detail and distance. My last machine was running windows vista 64 bit, asus rampage II, 4 gigs of ram and an AMD radeon HD 4850, not overclocked.

With that system I would imagine higher frames too, however if that is your overall minimum I would say you are in pretty decent shape. Depending on your server population and time of day you are testing, WoW cities can be extremely demanding. I would recommend benching WoW in different places and raids to see how well your system is doing overall. Here is a performance guide that might give you a better idea of your place.

Take a look at the link posted by Relic, it is a very detailed guide that I read myself just recently. A very useful tip in it is to update your game config to run with the DirectX 11 path as when running a DX11 capable card it can result in a considerable fps gain along with some nice DX11 image quality gains.

WoW is a very dynamic game environment (as in the number effects/shadows/animations etc that have to be processed can be very variable depending on the number of characters on screen, number of trees[found this was a very fps limiting factor on my old 8800GTX when having any AA turned on] displayed due to draw distance settings etc. etc.).

If you have a steady 60 FPS in 5/10/25 man content during boss encounters I think your system is performing without issue.

One question though, did you do a complete fresh install of WoW or was it copied across or was your OS "upgraded" from Vista to Win7? There could be issues with that.

Back