Res://C:\Windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm Internet browser issue

dozzyo9080

When i try to visit a webpage, it will not let me on. In IE it says res://C:\Windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm As in Google Chrome it says about:blank. I do not know what to do.

Click start > Run (or if Windows 7 click in text box) and type CMD. Hit enter.

In cmd, type the following:

Code:
ping www.techspot.com

Please copy and paste the results into this post.

This will test whether its a issue with software, or a system-wide issue in the backend.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Austin ROCKS>ping www.techspot.com

Pinging www.techspot.com [74.55.96.66] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.55.96.66: bytes=32 time=779ms TTL=47
Reply from 74.55.96.66: bytes=32 time=808ms TTL=47
Reply from 74.55.96.66: bytes=32 time=789ms TTL=47
Reply from 74.55.96.66: bytes=32 time=799ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 74.55.96.66:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 779ms, Maximum = 808ms, Average = 793ms

C:\Users\Austin ROCKS>

What firewall/AV/Internet security are you using? Have you changed it recently?

The network is functioning in the backend no problem, which tells me its either a corrupt install of IE, or your firewall is somehow preventing the internet working. The fact Firefox is working suggests its an issue with IE, or malware/spyware/virus related.

My advice, remove IE, then re-install version 9, and then check it again.

I don't necessarily care about IE because my browser of choice is Chrome. The only reason I stated IE is because a file location was displayed in the address bar instead of it showing about:blank, which is what Chrome did.

Frankly, given your long history with this problem and when i google navcancl.htm chrome about blank I see many, many other people posting with similar problems with IE and Chrome browser but rarely any solution

Do you have your XP install CD? Frankly, i think the shortest and easiest path between you and a solution may be a clean and full reinstall :(

I have vista and have no possible way to do this. I also have many important files on my PC that i cannot risk losing. I would like the long way.

It worked for a small amount of time but when I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome it came back. Issue never went away on IE.

I'm sorry, but I'm with LookinAround on this.. the fastest way of resolving the issue is going to be to wipe and fresh install.

This issue just suddenly went away today. This happened before but came back when I deleted Chrome and re installed it. I know the issue is not permanently fixed but it works for now. I have a feeling this issue is because of malware. But the people on the malware forum did not help me with this issue. I can not to a wipe and fresh install because I have no disk.

Back