Winfast Foxconn 761GXK8MC sound driver problem

Atham

Hello,

on my brother's PC there has been an issue with sound drivers, there is no sound on his PC. He has a Winfast Foxconn SiS 760GXK8MC Socket 754 motherboard.

His OS is Windows 7 64 bit. I have tried downloading drivers from here I didn't download the 32 bit audio driver as my brother has 64 bit windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

In fact, all the drivers on the Foxconn site for that m/b are for W2k and XP 32 bit. There may not be any W7 64 bit drivers.

You can try Driver Identifier. They have a pretty good driver database. But there may just not be any w7 64 drivers for that board

/* edit */
I'll re-phrase that to say "there may not be any hardware specific w7 64 bit drivers for that board". Windows 7 comes with some generic drivers which is why at least some things are working (tho even then, generic drivers don't always provide full functionality)

Here is the website from driver identifier. It doesn't show any audio drivers. What do you recommend I do?

I tried the driver identifier.

In the attachments there is the file saved from the Driver identifier. I am downloading the Driver Pack. So it detects the required and missing drivers and installs them for you?

Attachments

• DeviceList.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 5
It's certainly worth a shot checking out those Realtek's drivers... but a lot of old XP hardware don't have newer compatible drivers. You may need to buy a new w7 64bit compatible audio card.

Some USB audio cards are pretty cheap too (all depends on your requirements for audio quality) Google USB audio to get an idea

Simply launch it. It detects missing drivers, even update outdated ones provided it is included in its database.

After downloading it (using torrent) simply launch DriverPackSolution.exe

How do I put it on a DVD?

Burn it as data. all files (autorun.inf, etc.) and folders should be placed on the root directory.

One more comment....

I looked at your link to the report from Driver Identifier. NO AUDIO DEVICE is even listed in that report! which i think means no audio device is detected. Check your BIOS. Make sure if there's an onboard audio option it's enabled.

Windows has to detect the hardware before you can get any driver to work

I will check the BIOS. As for the USB audio, my brother is only 11 years old and he doesn't need super high quality sound. A sound card about the same level as an onboard card. What brands do you suggest?

What and where do you suggest I look in the BIOS?

Do you know how to enter your computer's BIOS setup menu? Check Foxconn documentation. Also, the first POST screen on powerup often tells you the key to hit to enter BIOS setup

Once in the BIOS, it'll tell you how to advance through the BIOS menus (sometimes its arrow keys, sometimes page/page down, it varies)

But you want to look through each BIOS setup menu screen to see if there's an option for onboard audio and make sure it's not set to DISABLED.

This option is found on many desktop boards (not all of them) and usually not on laptop boards.

What about a CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER Play?

I know how to navigate in the BIOS. And there was the audio unchecked. Now the sound works. I used the Driver Pack and it installed some drivers for the sound.

Thank you all for your time, advice, and contributions. They helped out a lot and I learned a couple of things too. Once again, thanks a lot.

What is your BIOS. Is it AMI, Phoenix, etc?

I've googled your mobo Winfast Foxconn SiS 760GXK8MC Socket 754

Try looking for drivers for Realtek ALC655 as LookinAround suggested.

@LookinAround

Guess we were typing at the same time I have read your post only after posting mine. I'll let you handle this. Atham just follow his suggestions first.

Thanks WinXpert. I looked at the driver, downloaded it and seems to be working so far. Once again thanks guys. You really helped me out.

@WinXPert

No prob, Winxp. DriverPackSolution is a good tip as well :grinthumb (will have to check it out).

I've also found DriverIdentifier a pretty good online driver finder file tool as well.. Tho my general caveat/advice to people using DriverIdentifier
> It may identify missing as well as possible driver updates
> But, in general, best to follow the rule: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Download missing drivers but only update drivers you think really needs an update
> And create system restore point before installing new drivers, just in case

Windows has a Roll back driver option so you can revert in case you installed a wrong/incompatible/corrupt driver

Back