My final build before I order

Blkm0nk3y92

Just figured Id post my build on here before I order to see your opinions.
I wont be doing hardcore gaming on it, its really just gonna hold me off for a few months maybe a year( probably a few months ), But how well do you think this would do in gaming on high 1920x1080?
Could it handle The Witcher 2 or Skyrim?
(Just out of curiosity, not that I plan on playing either.)
Whats probably the best game I could play on high?

My build:

Win 7
HAF 912
Antec Modular 550W
CORSAIR Vengeance 1x 4GB
LG Optical CD/DVD
AMD Phenom II X4 955
XFX HD 6870
MSI AM3+ Mobo

My questions.

That's it, I was wondering if there'd be a big difference to switch the cpu to the 965?

Also I plan on buying 1 more of the CORSAIR Vengeance in the future to get 8gb.

This PSU will be fine right?

The 912 is big enough to fit the Mobo and the card and have no problems right?

Thank you for any input. :)

The 955 would do fine. And it OCs very well. The PSU will be alright as long as you're only running a single GPU setup.

The 912 is a good case and will comfortably house all your components. However, I would urge you to take a look at the Cooler Master CM 690 II.

Most current titles will be fine at full HD with that GPU, but I do urge you to consider the changes I advised you of via PM earlier today.

For clarity, I'll quote them below so others are aware of my recommendations to you:

Leeky said:
Case: A good choice. I use the same and its nice to build with - it'll do you for a long time.

PSU: I'd spend $5 more and get the Silverstone Strider Essential ST60F-ES 600w - I've built with these and highly recommend them. Or spend $74 and get the even better Antec High current gamer HCG-620 - I use this PSU for my gaming PC and its fantastic. Very well reviewed as well. I chose the Silverstone for my brothers i7 920/HD4870 build and he uses his PC 18 hours a day. Both are good choices and much better than your option.

RAM: You need to run in doubles for dual channel, and best performance. So that means 2x 2GB matched kits. I advise RAM on the Memory QVL for your motherboard to guarantee it will work. So I suggest this set from G.Skill, which is on the QVL and is a matched kit.

EDIT: Reference you getting another later for the RAM. You can always purchase another matched set and take your total to 4x 2GB sticks.

Looked at the Cooler Master case you referred me to... It looks like a good case, but the 912 is cheaper and has everything that I need.

And I actually decided to just buy the RAM I have listed there yesterday because it was the cheapest...

Can I not buy a 2nd one of those to run dual channel?

Looked at the Cooler Master case you referred me to... It looks like a good case, but the 912 is cheaper and has everything that I need.

The 912 will do fine. Just pointed you at the CM690 II as it's a very versatile case at it's price point. Arguably the best mid-tower out there.

Good luck with your build. Let us know how it comes along.

Will do, And I would look into the case a little more but its like 40 mroe bucks and im already over budget.

Back