Integrated webcam just will not work

j4g3d

I hope someone on here can help me.

I bought a brand new Lenovo SL510 about 8 months ago and till this day i cannot get the integrated web cam working. It doesnt pop up in device manager, ive installed the drivers for it from the lenovo site. Just wont work.

If you google the issue many others have the same problem with no real solution found to solve the issue so far....

Heres a task for someone on here?

Is there possibly an on/off switch for the webcam? Make sure it's on
Also look through all pages of your BIOS setup menu on the off chance it might be an option that can be disabled (if you see it, make sure it's enabled) Then

1. List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

2. See [post=939115]How To Report Your Computer's Device Manager Data[/post]
> Be sure that when you Save As, you do so as Tabular Text (.txt)

Thanks for the reply. I have some problems devices (below.) But they dont seem to relate to a webcam. Its listed bluetooth (works fine) also my printer (works fine) and some wifi adaptor. Oh and its not listed in the BIOS i already tried

Bluetooth Peripheral Device BTHENUM\{426C6163-6B42-6572-7279-427970617373}_LOCALMFG&000F\7&48A653B&0&A06CECB3E7C5_C00000000 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Bluetooth Peripheral Device BTHENUM\{426C6163-6B42-6572-7279-44736B746F70}_LOCALMFG&000F\7&48A653B&0&A06CECB3E7C5_C00000000 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Bluetooth Peripheral Device BTHENUM\{00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}_LOCALMFG&000F\7&48A653B&0&A06CECB3E7C5_C00000000 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter {5D624F94-8850-40C3-A3FA-A4FD2080BAF3}\VWIFIMP\5&5D34253&0&01 This device is disabled.
Photosmart C7100 series ROOT\MULTIFUNCTION\0000 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Photosmart C7100 series ROOT\MULTIFUNCTION\0001 This device is disabled.

PS cannot upload file of my laptop as you suggested as it is bigger than the file size allowed

Please run the Device Manager report again. You need to Save As using the pull down option to save as Tabular Text File (NOT simply as text file)
> The report text may look jumbled and hard to read but "Tabular Text" creates a file i can import to Excel (which makes it easy, columnar and then easy for ME to read and sort by columnar data as i need)
> And report size should be MUCH smaller when you save as Tabular Text

Oh. I guess it's still too large a file to attach (so now I'm the one sorry about THAT :p) but otherwise the file format is good :) I can import it to Excel

On quick glance, I can see that your cam was at least detected at least at sometime in the past. Will take a closer look at the data and get back to you when i can
Integrated Camera Microsoft usbvideo Image Imaging devices USB\VID_17EF&PID_481 0000.001d.0007.006.0 0x000000a4 0x00000000 No No 23/10/2011 0:43:58 23/10/2011 0:43:58 USB Video Device 6.1.7601.17514 usbvideo.inf USBVideo.NT 21/06/2006 2/7/2011 0:57:24

Integrated Camera Microsoft usbvideo Image Imaging devices USB\VID_17EF&PID_481 0000.001d.0007.006.0 0x000000a4 0x00000000 No No 23/10/2011 0:43:58 23/10/2011 0:43:58 USB Video Device 6.1.7601.17514 usbvideo.inf USBVideo.NT 21/06/2006 2/7/2011 0:57:24

No no need to say sorry i appriciate your help!

By the way the info you listed above is the date when i reinstalled the drivers again

I hope someone on here can help me.

I bought a brand new Lenovo SL510 about 8 months ago and till this day i cannot get the integrated web cam working. It doesnt pop up in device manager, ive installed the drivers for it from the lenovo site. Just wont work.

If you google the issue many others have the same problem with no real solution found to solve the issue so far....

Heres a task for someone on here?

IF its still under warranty, take it back & make them fix it before you void your warranty:(

IF its still under warranty, take it back & make them fix it before you void your warranty:(

Learninmypc may have the best advice. I missed the fact it's only 8 months old. Is it still under warranty?

That said, I can explain more later, but this is how I interpret your data (to the best i know). Your Device Manager data indicates the web cam hardware is no longer being detected by Windows which means either
1. The cam is turned off
2. The cam is disabled in BIOS
3. Or the cam hardware has failed :dead:

And it sounds like you already checked 1) and 2)

fyi... Briefly.... By default when you look in Device Manager on your PC, it only displays devices that are connected, powered on and currently DETECTED by Windows
> Windows doesn't need drivers to detect plug and play (pnp) hardware (like your cam)
> In fact, thats how PnP works in the first place. Windows first detects hardware, the h/w sends Windows those cryptic looking Hardware IDs (your cam's Hardware ID is USB\VID_17EF&PID_0481. DevManView drops the leading zero in the PID and displays it as USB\VID_17EF&PID_481)
> Windows finds drivers based on the IDs

DevManView displays all Device Manager data still in the registry (even for devices not currently detected but detected at least once in the past and their drivers are still loaded). If you look in DevManView tool output on your PC, you can click the Device Instance ID column header to sort by ID. Then you'll see for each instance of your cam ID USB\VID_17EF&PID_481, look under the Connected column. They all say NO :(

It is under warranty still till next year. I did go on the lenovo website to work out how i return it for a repair but the site gave me a list of service centres. I called the 2 local ones and they both said they do not offer repairs, there only a reseller of lenovo.

Also the power jack is wobbly (still charges) so i think thats covered under warranty too. Also one USB port is damaged and a couple of keys stick. Not sure if they would repair the latter 2 under warranty?.

It is under warranty still till next year. I did go on the lenovo website to work out how i return it for a repair but the site gave me a list of service centres. I called the 2 local ones and they both said they do not offer repairs, there only a reseller of lenovo.

Also the power jack is wobbly (still charges) so i think thats covered under warranty too. Also one USB port is damaged and a couple of keys stick. Not sure if they would repair the latter 2 under warranty?.

I'd suggest you read thrir Terms of Service to see if they have to fix it or if you're out of luck. I wish you the best.

I have contacted a local lenovo service centre and i took the laptop to him. He checked it quickly and confirmed its not showing in device manager. He then said he will order a new cable and also a charging jack. I also have a damaged usb port and he said that may not be under warranty but he can sort it for about £15.

Also look through all pages of your BIOS setup menu on the off chance it might be an option that can be disabled (if you see it, make sure it's enabled) Then

• Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

hello, I've just formatted my pc I'm using msi notebook it has a web cam but I cant even see it's driver in device manager to download the driver for it. though I know it's manufacture driver is bison so I downloaded and installed bison webcam it came with certain program still I couldnt see the driver nor use my webcam. I uploaded my devices from device manager as you instructed hope you can help me. model number for my laptop is "ms-1719"

Attachments

• devices.txt
    96.2 KB · Views: 4
I looked through the trend and another similar one before asking. I don't want to be an inconvenience but the things I tried through this trend and the other one did little to help. Perhaps I'm not doing it right?

My built-in camera for my laptop suddenly stopped working some time back. I found out when I was using this one website to take pictures like I always do and it told me camera not detected. It told me on Skype as well. I ran problem devices and it only detected printer problems; it does not detect problems with my cam.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.
6.1.7601 Service Pack 1, Build 7601
System Model AO756

I am at my wits end and have been trying to fix it for two months. Thank you beforehand for taking your time to read.

Hi, The first and main approach I would take would be to go the the Acer site;
http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
Your AO756 is in the 'Netbook, Chromebook' family group, select that and continue.
Then you will see an option to download a program in the link 'Need to know the hardware in your pc to download the correct drivers?' ; so that might be worth a try if you haven't done so already.
If a driver is available from Acer, might be a good idea to uninstall the existing one first.
Otherwise, there are a couple of programs that will scan your pc and might find the drivers you need.
I have had good results with : http://drivereasy.com/
which really does not charge you for the service of finding free drivers. Many programs will offer to sort out the drivers, at a cost, which is obviously not the best idea.
*There is a chance that the camera really isn't working, and not a driver problem, in that case a separate USB webcam could be used.

Hi, The first and main approach I would take would be to go the the Acer site;
http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
Your AO756 is in the 'Netbook, Chromebook' family group, select that and continue.
Then you will see an option to download a program in the link 'Need to know the hardware in your pc to download the correct drivers?' ; so that might be worth a try if you haven't done so already.
If a driver is available from Acer, might be a good idea to uninstall the existing one first.
Otherwise, there are a couple of programs that will scan your pc and might find the drivers you need.
I have had good results with : http://drivereasy.com/
which really does not charge you for the service of finding free drivers. Many programs will offer to sort out the drivers, at a cost, which is obviously not the best idea.
*There is a chance that the camera really isn't working, and not a driver problem, in that case a separate USB webcam could be used.

Oh my gosh, thank you so SO much. I'm going to try it right now, thank you.

I got an HP in September and my Hp Truevision HD webcam cannot be detected or turned on.
Lexmark X422ROOT\IMAGE\0002This device cannot start.

I hope it's still under warranty. Alot of people with HP laptops report it not being detected. The Hardware ID you posted is not your webcam. Is very most likely web cam hardware failure :(

If you recently installed Windows 8 on a computer that had a different operating system on it and you can get your webcam to work on the desktop side of Windows 8 but not in the Metro side of Windows 8, this may solve your issue.
Follow these steps to get your webcam working in both desktop and metro sides of Windows 8.
1. Go Settings/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers/Device Manager
2. Go to the Imaging Devices and Disable the webcam
3. Go to Control Panel/Program and find your webcam's DRIVER and uninstall the DRIVER, not the webcam.
4. Shut down your computer; wait 30 seconds and turn it back on. Login and go back to the Device Manager (see steps 1 and 2 above) and then ENABLE the webcam.
This worked like a charm for me on my Fujitsu T5010 built-in webcam. I hope it works for you too.

On a Lenovo, there is no webcam app. It should automatically find your webcam with whatever app you use if you have successfully installed the drivers from the Lenovo website. On Windows 7 systems, there is usually a keyboard combo that invokes the settings of the webcam once the drivers are installed. On my Lenovo T410, that key combo is FN+F6. It may be different on your system, but don't look for a webcam app with Lenovo at all, it doesn't exist (at least not on Win7)

If you just have to have an app, there is an okay generic webcam app out there that works in Vista/Win7 and Win8 called MyCam. It is easy to install and gives you the ability to change settings and use all of your webcam's features (most any webcam works with it).

I have same problem of web cam::I open msinfo32 and it seems like this:
Lexmark X422ROOT\IMAGE\0000This device cannot start.
I have lenovo core2deo

Back