Page fault in nonpaged area

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this bsod with the message,
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
stop: 0x00000000 (0xffffffff, 0x00000000, 0xffffffff, 0x00000000)

that is all the information there was, except for the usual explanation, there was not referred to any address.
please help the best you have learned, thanks.

Bugcheck x'50' may be caused by hardware or software. 80% of the bugcheck x'50' is related to software error at third party software such as dsiplay card driver, anti-virus or firewall. Most users cannot interpret blue screen bugcheck parameters. You have the provide more information so the windows experts can help you.

You only provide one bugcheck information which is insufficient. Whenever windows crash a system event 1001 is written
Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001. Copy the content all system event 1001 and paste it back here

If you want to know the failing module, disable auto reboot.
Procedure to disable auto restart
Right click My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Startup and Recovery Settings and uncheck Automatically Restart.

Note: the failing module is the accurate, as it assumes the last failing instruction address is the culprit. 50% of the failing module is ntoskrnl or win32k.sys and they are the victim. Use microssft winddg to analyse the minidump and it uses stack trace to determine the most probable failing module name.

go into bios and disable cpc override for your memory. cpc override can cause said error.

BLUE SCREEN fault in non paged area

Hi there i logged on this forum cos i found the cause to a problem
When i searched the net i found this site
And there are 18 pages about this problem but no real cure
The post has been clossed so i cant post the solution there
Perhaps a moderator can merge this info there
Especialy for all those who will search fault in non paged area on google
The first 2 articles you get are from this site

I think i have found it
At least on my system i found the cause and fixed it

The errors i had before
-Some letters not showing up (showing up)=[ sh..w.ng u.]
-irol not less or equal
-fault in non paged area
-PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
-ntfs.sys error
-NT Authority/System restarts after 1 munute

It's not a powersuply error
It's not a wrong driver error
IT'S A RAM PROBLEM

Remove one of your rar dimms

I had all these problems aswell
But after i removed one of my 2 identical rars
The problems are all gone now

So this could well be the problem for other folks aswell

I used google and saw different references to your problem. None of them mentioned ram. Most of them mentioned 3rd party drivers.
One way to handle this, if you cant find a better way, would be to remove all excess hardware from your system and uninstall or disable the drivers for them. If this stops your BSOD problem then add one item back in at a time until you find the culprit.
I would first start with any usb items you might be using.
By the way, did you check in device mgr and see if there are any errors there? Sorry, gotta ask.

I got my 2 new DIMMS in 3 days ago
Bought a new pc so i could get new ones

My pc was working OK with 1 dimm inside
But when i placed the second one inside
Then all the errors came up

I can now say this, being 100% shure
Ram could be a cause if you get those errors
Since i got the new dimms in
Not 1 error and i had it pushed to the max and running 2 days non-stop aswell

So getting 2 new identical dimms fixed my problem for 100%
The pc is running like a rocket now aswell much faster

For 6 days then back to the old problem

Abrupt restarts! and the crazy system crash/reboot error - PLEASE HELP!

TO: CPC2004
...or to anyone who knows about the error codes

Greetings friends,

After searching the net for this problem for long hours, I have found this thread and finally saw someone who can read these technical error codes. From what I've gathered so far from the abundant crowd of tech "wizards", the source of this problem could be anything from "insufficient cooling, some advising to open up my PC and blow my hair fan into it" and to "cheap or faulty power supplies, shutting down from setting a mug of coffee too hard on PC desk" All these are great, but I was wondering if I can get an opinion from an expert by writing down the actual error code. So with no further babbling, here it is:

----------------------------Error Code------------------------------
(automatic restart setting disabled)

Event Loader started
Source of error: SaveDump
EventID: 1001

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xfffffff7, 0x00000000, 0x805dfa3d, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini091006-04.dmp."

------------------------Computer Description-----------------------
+ OS: Win XP /SP 2.
+ CPU: AMD 64 X2 3800Mhz
+ 3.00 GHz of RAM (2 kingston 1GB chips and one "hmmm...I'll call it a major brand 1GB chip, not sure which though". ***I guess it could be the RAM, I've gotten those ideas as well...I'm gonna check it out, swap those bad boys around.
+ Video Card: eGeForce 6800GS Nvidia 256MB (PCI)
+ Power Supply: 600W (not one of those cheap ones, had it for 6 months now, but who knows...pretty sure its not the problem though)
+ 2 Internal USB cards
+ 19inch Rosewill DVA (i think thats the name....the other thing of AGP)
+ Sound Card in the Mobo (doesn't matter anyway, my sound is through USB)
+ I also have one of those big bad CPU fans (keeps CPU at a chill 37C)
+ Motherboard is an ASUS A8N5X ***(brand new, just replaced it so its definitely not the problem, same error was happening on the other one)
+ 3 SATA Hard Drives 2 WestDig 250GB (7.5K) and an ULTRA 36GB (10K rpm) ***I thought it could be the RAID configuration, but its not, not running it now.
+ A few fans: (not including the CPU fans, VC fan, mobo Fan and PS fans) i got 3x[120mm] and 5x[90mm], all pretty much new, average RPMs are around 1800rpm. Whatever, I'm not getting rid of my air spinners, I like my blue LEDs, my computer looks like a little space ship...anyway...pretty sure its not an overheating problem here. And I did try removing a bunch, didn't do anything to the problem.
+ I also have a few peripherals (keyboard, mouse, fingerprint reader, my speakers are ran through USB - Harmon Kardon SoundSticks...what else...oh and an external 120GB Maxtor Hard Drive)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
....wooph...I think this just about covers it...sorry if I wasted a lot of your time. Please help me! I am desperately searching for a solution to this disasterous problem. I will be very grateful to everyone who can contribute and will maybe send you a lolly pop or something :) Anyway, thanks everyone!!!

---Have a wonderful day!
Zeff Zelder

Well i first thought it was my ram
And taking out 1 dimm worked aswell to get rid of most errors
But after i got 2 brand new ram dimms
The problem still came up

My problem is almost 100% shure the mother board
By search and destroy on other possibillities
I came to the conclusion that my dimm banks must be faulty
So i'm going to let the shop replace the motherboard

C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventvwr.msc
Run that it's your logbook
Within you can read your error code

Choose SYSTEM and search your SAVE DUMP
There you'll get the error info in human language

Source of error: SaveDump
EventID: 1001
Wont get you any info on the microsoft site doh
I guess we got ourselfs a REAL MICROSOFT BUG
Which in most times shows to be hardware related

I'll send my pc to repairs next week so will post if the new motherboard was a solution

Sorry to go off the topic but mrZeff said:
+ I also have a few peripherals (keyboard, mouse, fingerprint reader, my speakers are ran through USB - Harmon Kardon SoundSticks...what else...oh and an external 120GB Maxtor Hard Drive)
How do you get the USB soundsticks to work in XP? I plug mine into my PC and XP does not even notice that they have been connected. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Page Fault in Nonpage Area

To cpc2006:

i've read a few replies by you regarding to the captioned problem.
I've come to page fault problem lately and i hope you can give me a hand!

Since i don't know how to make the "minidumps"...here're some details which you've mentioned in the previous posts...
the failing modules are:
0x00000050
0xE80000A4
0x804EFEC1
0x00000002

The message(s) shown in Event 1001 is:
The server {8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820} hasn't logged onto DCOM within the expired waiting time.

Since my system is in chinese...i translated the above message. Hope it makes sense to you.

I've found other error message of Event 10005 which related to the DCOM server. They mostly talk about the failure to connect to DCOM when i start windows in safe mode....so i guess it's the DCOM server problem.

Looking forward to your reply and thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!

You dont have to make the mini dump yourself
Everytime you get a blue screen after a crash
Then windows automaticly creates the minidump

C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventvwr.msc
There you will be able to read the code in human language

And many more info is available there

I finaly got my pc running without any errors
The dimms are replaced for the 2nth time
And i also got a new dvd burner
NOW all problems are gone
So it wasnt my mobo dimm lock but pure hardware problems

A m8 of mine had the same messages everytime
Replaced his dimms and problem was fixed

So if you have this error code first thing to try is get some other memory in there
Preferaby some dimms from a friends pc
Because your shure those dimms are ok cos they work on a friends pc
If you still get the message then your in the jungle and have to guess

well...after i posting the 1st message...i realise i could use the norton ghost installed in my computer to do the WinDoctor diagnosis..
after curing the found problem...i restart my computer w/ the fault detection mode it didn't show any fault message anymore..yet either my firewall/msn has problems...which while my firewall is on..i can't log on to my msn...but i haven't modified any settings of my firewall..then after i switched off my firewall..i can get on to msn....but this is very unusual...
the most important thing is that my OS is in chinese...which prohibit me from understanding the problem stated in the Even log.

Solution that works for me

Hi, had this problem recently and couldnt discovered what was the main cause. After 2 weeks of inspecting I think that there are 2 possible causes:
1) All windows updates installed
2) Colin McRae 2005 starforce drivers

Not sure what exactly it is, but when not installing these things it works fine so far for few days(which is quite success). But I think that everyone can have different causes of that.
Hope it helps someone

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Received the following error message on the BSOD:
STOP
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
0X00000050 (0XA0C5030, 0X00000000,0X804E8SE1,0X00000002) and 60 seconds or less after the reboot this one:
DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP
0X000000D1 (0XB866CFF2, 0X000000FF,0X00000000, 0XB866CF52)
Been getting more frequent BSOD with various messages. No idea how to fix them. Anybody out their with any experiences with these particular ones? Help! Thanks!
doctorofcopy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back