Just a possibility

I was wondering what you guys think of adding a Pranks/Jokes section to the forum... and also possibly a Coding section... in the pranks one we would obviously post things you can do with the tech skills you have to trick someone for your own entertainment and then the Code section would be for stuff about programming and things of the like. You could request someone write out simple batch files if you need it or maybe complex C++ depending on what people are willing to do... and then we could put up our own neat little programs and such... just an idea, comment if you feel compelled...

We have tried a programming forum before. It never caught on and now we have the coding questions in the most suitable software forum.

As for the pranks I have a feeling that things posted there would be illegal or would show the posters themselves in a very negative light. A person will definently get no respect from me if he finds amusement in using his skills to ruin other peoples lives instead of helping them. There is no need to encourage existing script kiddies or create new ones.

I couldn't agree more Nodsu. I think the pranks section can get way out of hand, and bring a bad view upon TechSpot. But thank you for your suggestion.

And as Nodsu said we tried the programming forum for a few months, but there wasn't much activity.

Back