My thoughts on gaming mice and keyboards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikael

I still receive e-mails and IMs from people that are curious about which keyboard and mouse I would recommend for gaming. I can understand why many of you are skeptical about possibly spending $100 or more on gaming peripherals that many people don't even bother to use. I will briefly mention what you guys can expect from a few companies in the future.

Razer has the Razer Copperhead coming out soon, which looks to be a solid mouse. Logitech has three new products which gamers should be looking at carefully.

When I wrote the mouse roundup for TechSpot, I really believed that the Logitech MX518 was the best gaming mouse. I still believe that it is the best gaming mouse on the market, but that will obviously change in the near future. I can't wait to compare the G5 head-to-head with the Razer Copperhead (and I am sure many of you will want to see the results).

There are also a few companies that make keyboards designed for gaming. Saitek, the Zboard, and Logitech will also release a gaming keyboard. I own and use the Saitek PC Gamers' keyboard and I absolutely love it. The only problem I have with this Saitek keyboard is that the blue LED is pretty much useless. Logitech made sure each key will individually light up when the LED is on, which is what I really want.

Thoughts, questions and/or comments?

First off let my say i play mostly RTS (starcraft:broodwar) and FPS games like counterstrike , quake 3 , and I played a little WoW. Any of the logitech mice even with their weights removed are too heavy and bulky for competitive play. I am not a person with small hands either i am 6'2'' and although mx500's have very good DPI and those nice back/forward buttons on them it sucks for gaming.

The main thing I want as a gamer in keyboards and mice:

Mouse- light weight , smooth, high DPI, customizable buttons for web browsing,mousewheel, and THE MAIN problem I get with mice is the buttons.. MOUSE COMAPNIES READ THIS: After about 6 months to a year my mice buttons (particularly the left click) gets worn down and it gets harder to press or feels mooshy. This is because the little groove on the plastic button of the mouse that presses on the actual white button on the micro chip inside the mouse slowly indents the plastic and causes it to suck. find a way to keep this from happenning and i'll buy 2 of your mice and tell everyone i know to get one.

Keyboard- Nice snap back clicky feeling keys, Enter key that is shaped like a backwards 'L' (whats up with this dash shaped enter nowadays anyways?), Keys on the top for winamp, and volume control, and customizable website keys, Keys that light up would be nice so I can play in the dark without having lights on to bug roomates/etc., Lightweight , strong , durable, and good grip for the desktop (I hate it when my keybaord slides around in the middle of a game).

Mice: Log or M$ optical corded.
KB: Any that will do 3 (or more) fingers down concurrently that doesn't have sticky keys.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back