Argh! My mouse cursor is going crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalin

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I hope you can help.

The other day I reformatted my PC, and all was going well until a while ago I realised something was going on with my cursor. Basically, when i'm idle on my dekstop, browsing the internet, writing up work, etc, I get a timer icon appearing every couple of seconds, for a split second, then it goes, and it keeps doing this non-stop :suspiciou

I'm really not sure what could be causing this. I'm not loading anything or doing lots of things, most of the time i'm just idle on my desktop watching it do this, so I really have no idea.

I'm usually quite good with PCs, but I am now completely stumped. :suspiciou

Any ideas?

Ok, well first its always good to take a trip to the task manager. That way you can see if there are any suspicious programs running.

Unless you have very little RAM on your computer and your computer can't keep up (which I doubt very much) there may well be a program running in the background that is using the resources. Normally the timer cursor only comes up when a program is under lock, or very high useage.

Worth a look, and if you do see anything suspicious goto msconfig in the run box, select startup and uncheck the suspicious items so they don't run on the machine again. Reboot, then search and delete the rouge programs.

Do not end any of these system processes:

svchost.exe
explorer.exe
spoolsv.exe
lsass.exe
iexplore.exe (Obvious reasons, Lol :D)
smss.exe
System
System Idle Process

On an idle screen there should be no reason why the system should be working that hard, even with little RAM. Worth taking a look. If this isnt a help then let us know!

Good luck :D

Ah ha, found the problem.

CLI.exe

It keeps appearing and disappearing from the taskbar. Good news though, it's something to do with the ATi Catalyst Control Panel, so it's not spyware or anything. :haha:

Well, i'm relieved, now i'll look into a bit more and see what on earth it's doing :haha:

well thats good. It would be great to find out whats going on. I wouldnt want it happening to me, that would be so annoying.

Good you sorted it though :D:D

Wow, after checking task manager, it said my CPU usage was going up to 60 percent every couple of seconds when the file was running! No wonder my PC was running slow.

Anyway, I uninstalled Microsoft Framework and then the Radeon Drivers, and moved onto the most recent Omega drivers, which I find far more reliable.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back