Need minidump assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

deyhey777

A one month old system started crashing for no apparant reason last night.
1)No new progs were installed
2)Memtest86 OK
3)Temps OK-CPU at 48c running prime95
4)Switched PSU-still crashing

Can someone be so kind as to interpret the attached minidumps?I have been meaning to learn to use windbg but always put it off until a time such as this when it's to late to learn.Thanks.

Did I unknowingly break a rule or something?16 views and no reply makes me wonder.I did everything on the FAQ and am desperately running memtest86 again.Any help is appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

No you haven`t done anything wrong. I`ve been quite busy, and have only now got the time to try and deal with your problem.

There are only a few members who deal with minidumps, so sometimes it can take a while for us to get around to replying to someone.

Most of your minidumps crash with memory corruption, and bugchecks of 8E/7E. The file sptd.sys, is also referenced quite a lot. This is a driver for daemon tools. See HERE for further info.

Uninstall daemon tools, and see if that helps.

avg7rsw.sys is also referenced in one minidump. this is your AVG antivirus programme. Check with the AVG website for any updates/upgrades etc.

I think your problem is Either bad memory, or possibly daemon tools.

Try running your system with just one stick of ram, and maybe try putting your ram in a different dimm slot.

Please be aware that some faulty ram can pass memtest.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for the help,Howard.I've seen "sptd" enough recently I recognize it.I just have to learn what it does.Anyway I'll uninstall Daemon tools first and let it run while I go back to work.Thanks again.

On a hunch I popped a Duron 750 in.The BIOS wouldn't set up the FSB to 100Mhz-it just defaulted back to 166.Strangely enough the Duron runs fine at 166 (at least for the last 4 hours,before with the 3000XP I was using I was crashing in 20-30 minutes).
Once I would have tried to figure out if it's the BIOS or the 166 bus itself but I think I'll leave that mystery for the ages,RMA the motherboard and use that time more efficiently(Zzzzz).
Thanks for the help Howard.Actually you helped me once in the past but I couldn't dredge up the name I used so I had to sign back up.People like you stir a flicker of a faded memory of a time when I had a little faith in my fellow man.Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back