Blue Screen with "Machine_Check_Exception"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A problem I have been facing is this blue screen with the words, "Machine_Check_Exception" Error/Stop: 0x0000009c (0x00000000, 0x805535f0, 0xb2000000, 0x1040080f)

Its the same message everytime, and it happens randomly it seems so far. I really took alot of time researching what I could about this error. I know it regards hardware errors and my system is generally new. I took the time to memtest my RAM and then check out my harddrive and everything checks out alright. And I have spent hours reading about trying to figure out these mempry dump files but they really are over my head. I am now trying to turn to the experts for help.

Since its an hardware issue I might suspect that its an faulty product somewhere but I really don't know where to begin and hope I can get some feedback from my minidump files. Thanks.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    77.6 KB · Views: 52
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of 9C.

You do indeed have some kind of hardware failure.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

You should disconnect anything not required to run your system. Just leave mobo/psu/cpu/1 stick of ram/hard drive/videocard.

See if your system still crashes. If it does, it has to be one of those components that is faulty. If you`re sure that your ram and hard drive are ok. That only leaves the mobo/psu/cpu/video card.

It really is a case of elimination. If your machine is still under warranty, you should take it in and have it looked at by the vendor you bought it from.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yeah I knew the 0x0000009C is an hardware issue, but I was just curious to know if in the minidumps it would lead me to a certine direction of what I could troubleshoot, otherwise I get to play with everytyhing manually. But thanks for your help. :)

I`m afraid I can`t pipoint which hardware is faulty. If I were to guess, I`d say probably the mobo or cpu, but that would only be a guess.

Regards Howard :)

Machine_check_exception

I have the same issue too. I do notice one common denominator in all the posts which is 3 letters- A M D. i have yet to see one with intel. I wonder if that’s the issue here…!
i just tried a few different tweaks in the BIOS. i have an ASUS A8V socket 939 MB with amd 64 3500 system. i overclocked it 5% from the BIOS and ever since the machine runs fine. i get the BSOD now once a week now vs everyday.
i don't run any games... just regular email/word/excel etc..
please let me know if anyone has pinpointed it to any hardware yet.

thx
Shaji
:knock:

Same problem here. So shajivarughese, here is the first Intel :D . It's a Celeron, not a Pentium I admit (if that's you were referring to), but an Intel nevertheless. I have the same problem but I'm not 100% sure it is processor or RAM related. I think it has something to do with caching, as the problem pops-up when I use software that needs to cache data. If you have any suggestions, they are more than welcome as I have pending projects that need finalizing and I do not have time or money for that matter for upgrades or major hardware changes.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back