nvidia 7800gt sli only works in 3dmark05, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a MSI K8N SLI (series)
x2 7800gt
windows is updated, directx is updated, bios is not, but it only fixes a reboot problem, ive installed the newest videocard drivers 91.31 and enabled sli, and selected multi GPU mode in the nvidia setup.

so when I run 3dmark05 I can see a slightly performance in sli, (35FPS at the very start of the bench, and 22FPS in Single GPU mode) so it works here, sort of...
In these games there is no or even lesser! performance in sli mode: Battlefield 2, warcraft 3, Counterstrike, counterstrike source, Prey, Quake 4 demo.

Why doesnt my sli system work properly?

Post your system specs. And 35fps is terrible at the start of the bench, I get 44fps at start on an xfx 7800gs (g71). There must be something wrong, make sure your profile is set to 3dmark05. The answer to your question, why these games do not work properly is because you did not configure you system, or the games are not updated (patched) to the latest version. POST YOUR SPECS and some screens comparing SLI with NO SLI

The point of SLI is to offload one card for better performance, so you can enable Anti Aliasing @ 8XS and Antisotropic filtering at 16x etc etc.

Let me better explain this, if you where to put these settings on with just one card you would lose a massive amount performace or FPS in this matter. Now with SLi you can have ulta-ulta high settings on and it will go to the slave card and the rest will go to the main card.

So what you doing is offloading almost half of these settings on the main card and on to the second card for better performace Quilty and FPS. You also have to enable SLI.

Also enable offloading balance in nividia control pannel (So it will share the graphical code "evenly" because most games will only use on card like GAW.

right click on the desktop, then click proptrys, settings TAB, Advanced, GeForce 7800GT. Then click SLi.

I have an identical setup my self with 7800GTs.

Thanks for the quick response and the interest.
I said in my first post that I ran 3Dmark05, it was 3Dmark06, my bad :|
here is a link to my homepage, http://Fatal.homepage.dk its has alot of pictures with FPS and settings and a DxDiag file here http://Fatal.homepage.dk/DxDiag.txt

As you can see on the pictures I would rather run games with a single card... and 3dmark06 with SLI enabled :|

>>>> crossfire851
>>>> Also enable offloading balance in nividia control pannel (So it will share the graphical code "evenly" because most games will only use on card like GAW.

I cant find that in my "Danish translated" nvidia control pannel...

Click on <SLi muilti-GPU> and the click in both the little check boxes.

Don't want to be the one to tell you, but there is allready a gamer with the same name his title is "The Worlds Best Gamer" lol in RL I would punch him in the face and PWN him at BF2 lmfao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back