Xbox 360 Core console review

Status
Not open for further replies.

IH8PunkRok

Where do i start? scale of 1-10 (10 best 1 sux)
First impression: I loved it. the graphics are amazing and the controls are very simple and similar to the original xbox (no white black buttons, replaced by left right buttons). The games are great call of duty 2 and ghost recon absolutely killing the rest.
I bought a core system (the only one they had in the store) so i needed to install the hard drive. It was so easy! I simply lifted the top grate off of the 360 and lined up the female port with the male port and it was done.

Now: I am becoming less and less impressed with the 360. It is a great console but there is nothing innovative on it.
I tried to link it to my PC for file sharing but i never could get them to connect.
Older xbox games dont work (halo 2 and a couple others do).

Service: a friend of mine has a 360 as well. he was playing on it (halo 2) and the laser burned the disk! (it left a large brown ring that didnt come off) Stupid enough he played Oblivion on it later and it burned that too. He called microsoft and told them that it did that and they said they could replace Halo 2 but not oblivion. later they called back and said halo2 is too old they cant replace it. I wrote them about linking the 360 the my pc and they never wrote back.
Rating:1

Hardware: like i said the hard drive is easy to install. The headsets are easy to work and the wireless controlers do work 60 feet away.
Rating:10

Xbox Live: It is really simple to activate your subscription (after you have registered and made a name, a really long and tedious process)
Rating:8

Software: awesome games! everyone has great graphics and are deep in gameplay. no glitches so far.

Multiplayer:Xbox Live: yes there are glitches but that has a lot to do with internet not xbox live.
Rating:8

Multiplayer:System Link: awesome gameplay. easy to set up, no glitches in play. it can even system link with original xboxs. i connected mine to 3 others at a party the other night.

Multiplayer:Split Screen: its split screen it kinda sux but what split screen doesnt. needs a different profile for each player.
Rating:7

Media Player: it kinda sux. it plays your music with really good sound but the visualizer is just stupid. videos are amazing but, you need a different cable for hd output.
Rating:6

Xbox Live: Marketplace: easy to find things and alot to look through. prices are ridiculous. very few things are less than 100 points and usually its not worth the money. good free trials but they are just demos.
Rating:5

Appearance: you know its sexy

Fun: yeah its fun especially on system link or xbox live.

Price: inital price hurts a little and money keeps coming out from there. i have spent over $700 on mine and i only have 2 controllers.
Rating:4

Overall rating:7.41666666666666666666........ you get the point
i reccomend it. it is alot of fun. just hope you dont have a problem with it cause if u do u are screwed.
I hope this helps
Rok

Thanks for submitting your views on the Xbox system, and yes this is technology so I've edited the title :)

Thank you for your input on the 360 :) It's always good to see what other people think of things, particularly consoles because everyone seems to like different ones for different reasons.

Great Review!..although i personally would have given xbox live a 4-5 because...well, you have to pay for it.

Xbox live should be free anyways... They put ads on almost every page of Xbox live. Ads = getting free stuff ;)

Also I still think the PC will always be a 10/10 above ANY console release :)

Probably yes, and computers do not heat as MUCH as the 360. Well, at least mine doesn't :)

Xbox 360 is great but my only problem I have with it is that the games do not get cheap enough quickly. I still see still a basketball game from 2006 for 16 dollars.

A one year old game for $16? You are kidding about them not getting cheap fast enough right?

seriously dude $16 is pocket change for a game like that.... actually it is pocket change period
where did u see this $16 dollar game anyway?

Nice article :giddy: ! I have to say that I'm happy with my Premium System, and I like the "new" XboxLive Marketplace in general!

Buying the 360 Elite in about 2months. I have heard XBOX 360 onlines marketplace is great is this true. Review is definitely long, will take a look tomorrow :D

16 this guy has to be kidding???

One reason why i love my PS3 free online play. but i do not wish to start a debate.

C&C 3 and GRAW look great will definitely buy those 2. Any suggestions anyone?

Although i have had problems with only one xbox..my friend has gone through 6 xbox 360's in 8 months...all under warranty.Although he originally purchased it about 12 months ago, four of those months it has been in repair. He got the add on cooling fan that you attach to the back..and just the other day he got the "red rings of death"..looked at the back, and the fan had melted on the xbox. Also, his game was stuck in the xbox, and he could not get it out without voiding the warranty...and they will just discard that, and the fan when it is received for repair.

Yes i have heard about intercollers. I would not suggest external ones. You would have better luck outting your AC so it blows cool are near the fans of your 360 or PS3. I have heard alot of people and them having problems with add on fans and what not.

People need to learn that you can only play a PS2 or a PC for hours, perhaps a day or 2 without experiencing your system burning out. And that does not apply for every machine.

Gosh my PS3 has not burned any games :D <33 Sony 4 that one

a duct to your xbox? Thats rather extreme. The point is, you should be able to play your xbox for as long as you want. It is a quality issue..not a personal issue.

Lmao yea i know. Thats exactly whi i said that because buying a intercooler is point less. especially if it is going to void the warranty and mess up ur console. There are people out there who are more extreme and cant seem to learn to give their systems a rest in order to prevent over heating. Fact is if your a serious gamer buy a PC.

Back to the 360 though...

This wasn't an inter cooler though..it was put onto the back of the xbox near the fans...so i didn't void the warranty.

Well I seen the 360 elite at Best Buys over the weekend. I was going to buy it but decided I needed a guitar amp more. Guess I will just have to get along with my old xbox for a while. :(

I have a Jackson, old Fender Tele, 2 Schecters,1 Ibanez and 1 Godin acoustic and various amps and effects pedals.

The elite seems that the only good thing it has is the built in HDD. HD-DVD you still have to spring for, brings the price to 679. Microsoft seems to have things up their sleeve which people dont know when it comes to the 360 unless you do work on it.

twite said:
Nice..what kinda amp you looking at buying.

Well we are veering off the subject. But I bought a Marshall Valvestate Vm100. Not the best in Marshall, but I found a good deal. I also have a Peavy 5150, Crate G500. All three ae heads. Plus a few combo's that I use at practice at my house.

Myzz617 said:
The elite seems that the only good thing it has is the built in HDD. HD-DVD you still have to spring for, brings the price to 679. Microsoft seems to have things up their sleeve which people dont know when it comes to the 360 unless you do work on it.

Yeah I think I will just wait until the prices drop some more. That is a lot of dough to spend on a toy. Maybe I will buy towards the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back