Very, very frustrating! (i love it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am quite new to linux...just installed it recently..but with an experienced user...still though, having a huge problem..i was hoping someone in here could help me out...

i installed linux (SUSE 10.1), but after the installation, when it reboots, it doesn't continue the install, where i can set all the configurations and whatever...just loads up the boot disk...so okay, i try running it, but it just halts at a certain spot, every time! i tried re-installing it, didn't work...i figured i'd write the line here maybe someone had a problem like this before or knows whats going on..

bttv0: Bt878(rev 17) at 0000:00:0b.0 irq 11, latency: 64, mmio: oxcddfe000
bttv0: subsystem: fefe: 0001(UNKNOWN)
bttv0: using ***UNKNOWN/GENERIC *** [card=0, autodetected]

and it just halts there...i know that my usb controlled is on irq 11, but even when i disable it, i get the same error...i dont even know if thats the problem but i tried it anyway...anyone know whats going on here? pls help out?!?

thanx guys..

hmmm...thats an interesting thought, im going to try that right now...though i have this gut feeling im not going to get far since the installation never asked me to set up my login and password...

after it installs, it wants to reboot...but when it reboots it doesnt continue with the Configuration part of the setup, it just loads the boot disk up again and shows the very first screen...if i take OUT the boot disk right after install, it just basically gives the the choices of which OS i want to start with..

is it supposed to restart directly after install? or after the configuration has been setup?

ok nvmind...it worked...i took out the card and it went into configuration...seems to be running fine...so does this mean i can't use my tv card, or do i have to install the driver for it first, and then plug it back in?

trigga said:
bttv0: Bt878(rev 17) at 0000:00:0b.0 irq 11, latency: 64, mmio: oxcddfe000
bttv0: subsystem: fefe: 0001(UNKNOWN)
bttv0: using ***UNKNOWN/GENERIC *** [card=0, autodetected]

You may be able to get a driver for it. As is, it's not detected fully. The only way for you to install it is to add it later. Find the driver first though.

You need to examine the card and get as much information as possible from the pcb and chipsets. Google that and then go to the bttv driver website, and elsewhere and see if it's supported. etc etc etc.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back