Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro - good, bad, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know if those are any good too. They look kinda kool and a store near me is selling them for like $12 on sale, and my CPU cooler is f***ing loud and I need a new one before I lose my hearing.

www.zalman.co.kr

the 9500 series is particularly good, as i have said many times zalman makes amazing coolers. they are silent yet extremely effective. they are the best affordable copper coolers in existence, in my opinion.

zephead said:
www.zalman.co.kr

the 9500 series is particularly good, as i have said many times zalman makes amazing coolers. they are silent yet extremely effective. they are the best affordable copper coolers in existence, in my opinion.
45$ for a cooler that performs 1C/2C better than the one I linked to (according to many reviews) kinda doesn't work too well for me.

zephead said:
the better cooling performance isn't the only reason i reccomended the zalman.
Then what, for it's LED? Kinda useless, specially since I don't have a side window (*yet*.... ... .).

How much better does it actually cool? Anything significant or is it like a 1-3C difference?

raybay said:
The Zalman remains quiet, and is more reliable over time.
I don't care one bit about quietness, and as far as the reviews are concerned, at full speed it was very loud compared to others. And no, it's impossible it's more reliable as I've heard of many cases where it's pathetic clip breaks and it falls off, breaking your processor and graphics card (as well as expansion cards) as it falls on top of them.

What I'm asking for is WHETHER IT COOLS BETTER.

I just got a Zalman 7000 for my socket 939, and it works great. Only thing is I'm not sure if it supports socket AM2. It works with Sockets 462,478,754,939,940, it might support 775 and AM2, I'm not sure. Depends on the clip configuration and the screw holes in the mobo. Its completely silent, not as huge as a 9500/9700 and it's just overall great. Dunno if that helps you any agi_shi.

agi_shi said:
Then what, for it's LED? Kinda useless, specially since I don't have a side window (*yet*.... ... .).
zalman offers models both with and without LEDs.
agi_shi said:
And no, it's impossible it's more reliable as I've heard of many cases where it's pathetic clip breaks and it falls off, breaking your processor and graphics card (as well as expansion cards) as it falls on top of them.
zalman's heaviest cooler, the 7700cu, weighs 939 grams. while this is over the specified weight of socket 939 coolers and perhaps others, a properly affixed cooler will not fall off or damage any parts. the only instances where zalman coolers have come off have been either the cause of improper installation, human error, or the computer being dropped (in which case the cooler is the least of your concerns). furthermore, i have serious doubts that such an occurrence can break any properly installed expansion cards, much less the processor.
agi_shi said:
What I'm asking for is WHETHER IT COOLS BETTER.
yes it does, you said so yourself.

if you get the aforementioned zalman cooler, you are guaranteed to have a quiet cooler that will keep your CPU very cool. what more could you want out of a cooler, especially since you have no window in your case? that doesn't mean that everyone will choose them, but what's the harm in me telling someone to look at one and decide for themselves? read the reviews and see for yourself.

I think the real question is: Why did someone insist on coming into your thread and hijacking it with crap about Zalman, even though it had nothing to do with the thread or the question you asked?

someone mentioned their fan being too loud and i recommended using a zalman cooler to rectify the situation. furthermore, i was recommending that agi_shi consider the zalman alternatives before he makes a purchase, as they always prove to be a good investment, in my experience.

I think the real question is: Why did Awhislyle insist on coming into this thread and hijacking it with pointless accusations, even though it had nothing to do with the question agi_shi asked?

Zalmans work well, and zephead (and I) were just suggesting something as an alternative because we have had good experiences with Zalman products. No reason to get all accusatory on us.

... Do you just join random internet forums just to accuse the longtime members who have kept a good standing? If yes, I say find a more wholesome thing to do with your spare time.

I want you to read the original post

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835185125

How good is it? Does it cool well? Anyone have it? Any good for overclocking?

On a side note, anyone notice that if you get 2 or more of those you get them at $1 more than half the price... Works for me, $2 for one more.

Now, I want you to tell me whether or not, anywhere in that post, it asks for you to recommend another cooler to him. Does it not ask about the cooler he linked?

Now, this post was then made by the original poster after someone suggested a Zalman cooler

45$ for a cooler that performs 1C/2C better than the one I linked to (according to many reviews) kinda doesn't work too well for me.

I don't know if you want me to interpret that for you or not. But... it looks like it says that he is not interested in a Zalman cooler.

After more people blindly recommending Zalman, the original poster makes 2 more posts stating that he does not care about how quiet the cooler is, but only whether it cools significantly better.

This is a question no one ever answered clearly, the best anyone ever did to answer it was
yes it does, you said so yourself.

which I could guess only refers to this, said by the original poster

I guess I decided to post in this thread because I have read a little bit through this section of the forum, and all I see is 2 or 3 people going through every single thread and recommending Zalman coolers, and when it comes to a thread where a person asks for advice having nothing to do with Zalman at all, the Zalman zealots come in and push Zalman on the poster anyway.

Anyway, agi_shi, I apologize for further distracting the point of your thread, I realize I may be just as bad as the Zalman enthusiasts, but I assure you, I had nothing but the best intentions.

Awhislyle said:
"I realize I may be just as bad as the Zalman enthusiasts, but I assure you, I had nothing but the best intentions."

Oh, shut the hell up will you? The only posts from you on TS that I have seen so far have all been just flaming other people, and then you post crap like that?

We were just trying to help. We wanted to offer advice. We DID offer advice, which is more that you have done so far.

If you think you are being more useful than us here in this thread, then please show me WHERE exactly you have offered any advice.

As I said before, don't join forums on websites just so you can flame long-standing members with ridiculous garbage like the stuff I see in your posts.

Awhislyle said:
After more people blindly recommending Zalman, the original poster makes 2 more posts stating that he does not care about how quiet the cooler is, but only whether it cools significantly better.

This is a question no one ever answered clearly, the best anyone ever did to answer it was
zephead said:
yes it does, you said so yourself
You say this is an unclear answer? You say YES is an unclear answer? I don't know about you, but when I ask a question like that, I usually want a YES or NO answer, not some rambling person saying, "I don't know, it depends on x and y and z." He gave a YES, which is a straightforward, easy to understand answer. Please explain to me your reasoning as to how this is not "clear."

all right, let's chill out. i do not have the time to deal with all this arguing. Awhislyle has made his point very clear in his first post, there is no need to continue to drag the thread further off topic.

I have been using an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro cooler on my skt 939 3200 for 6 months and it has never gone above 1/2 speed (motherboard controlled). I dunno the exact temperatures but after a few hours of gaming it is never too hot to touch.

I would recommend it as it is quiet (compared to the rest of my system). I haven't tried overclocking with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back