Top 5 games that should be made into movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the games would have to have either a very linear or very complex plot for a (decent) movie to be possible. After all, the audience wouldn't be able to decide what happens next.

The Longest Journey, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Syberia, Outcast, System Shock (1 and/or 2) could be interesting.

I think first person shooters don't have enough gameplay variety to make a movie out of - unless the movie is just endless shooting. The same with fighting games a'la Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, ... all outstanding movies, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Starcraft and Command and Conquer (only know the 3rd in that series). Both of those games have a signifant story line that is developed throughout the game. Although Starcraft would probably turn out about like Starship Troopers.

C&C3 has a little movie introduction with real life actors, even the hot Dr. Cameron from House.

I have never played Halo before, don't know what is the storyline but definately Diablo is one of my favourite game ever. I really like to see how my Babarian Whirl Wind look like in real life movie :)

PONG!!!

They can write about some huge wall that keeps moving, bouncing balls off and killing people.... :D

LOL that would be so great!

"The Great Pong Wall Of Death is the name a newly emerging criminal has given himself. He disguises himself as a white painted wall and then launches himself at enormous speeds toward unsuspecting people, killing them instantly."

But really, Halo, FEAR, and Metroid should be movies, FEAR especially.

heck ya, FEAR definably.

I wanna see his super reflex in action while mowing down hordes of super soldiers and scary surrounding scene for the main actor investigation + encounter gruesome creatures from Extraction Point.

but I would love 100% to see my fav video game call Romance of the Three Kingdom , to be in the movie :l

My vote would still be Diablo, but anyone who can make a movie from Pong, and get it to screen in cinemas will be a legend.

Halo and FEAR definitely deserve it, as do Prince of Persia: Warrior Within & Sands of Time for their outrageous action and excellent plots. But one game I was expecting to see there was Metal Gear Solid. It is as deserving as all the others IMO. Another movie-worthy title would have to be Warcraft III. Awesome stuff.

1) Star Wars: Republic Commando. Great game shows the military prespective from the clone troopers. It displays how the soldiers would give anything for there brothers. No jedi or stuff.

2) First Encounter Assualt Recon. F.E.A.R. Very creepy, and it has a good story.

3) The first two Master of Orions. Could be very good civication movie, with stuff like moral conflicts. Wars, corrupted leaders, and amazing Space battles.

4) Halo: Combat Evolved. I guess its okay.

5) And for number 5 well. Half-Life 2. I guess, best game I've ever played. I just don't think it deserves it as much as Star Wars Republic Commando.

change my mind :D

1. Romance of the Three Kingdom (wanna see my fav heros on the big screen, massive diversities of weapons, Hugh army, Asian Castles and lots of gore = drools)
2. Battle Field 2142 (seeing a battle walker vs a hovering tank turns me on)
3. F.E.A.R (the name said it all)

forget all that nonsense...

1. Wing Commander
2. Grim Fandango
3. Metroid
4. Gears of War
5. Riven

6. Fallout (fo sho, it can be done.. i dreamt it :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back