HardDrive memory loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Backfire

Hai
From what i have noticed is that Mass (30gb) of memory has seemed to vanish over the past week
i only have about 5 games that equal up to about 11-12gb of space
i had about 68gb(a 150Gb MAX Harddrive-i still wonder wtf happend to the other 70gb)
anyidea on getting space back
iv defraged
and done a DiskClean up
so those are out of the question,and im NOT reformating it <.<

Extra recycle bin protection

My experience with this is not completely solved, but it has improved. I believe that my trouble is caused by use of Norton's recycle bin protection. I used this tool to empty its recycle bin. Next I turned it off from protecting all drives. The drive that was in trouble is an external usb drive. Over time it appeared with different drive letters. Norton appeared to track all these drives. Additionally, it seems that system restore was automatically turned on for this drive also. I turned it off for all drives, also.

After performing these tasks, the size being reported was still incorrect. While pondering what next (pehaps 20 minutes), the size was being reported correctly. I frequently used chkdsk /f (from drive properties ! tools) to check my progress. I noticed it changed when I rolled over the icon for the drive. Magic?

Here is the link to Microsoft for their help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315688

Happy Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back