Problem opening Hijack This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sistershandy

Hi
Recently I had a problem with my computer spontaneously rebooting itself. This seems to have been sorted (for now at least) but I am obviously concerned as to the cause. I have run all the spyware/ anti virus software I have (AVG Antivrus/ AVG Antispyware/ Adaware/ Spybot Search and Destroy) but whilt attempting to run Hijack This the computer wouldn't allow me, and acted as though it had partiallly logged off before returning to my Desktop. The same happens with CCleaner. Even when I try to access some websites wth a link to Hijack this, the internet shuts itself down. I can nether uninstall or reinstall the programs as anytime I go near them the same thing happens!
HELP!!!!!
Thanks
PS I have had to type Hijack THis as two words as if it appears as one, my computer shuts down the webpage!

I have read where you can rename HijackThis.exe to something else (I actually did using AnalyseThis.exe) and then run it successfully.

It does sound like you have a problem - you may want to boot in Safe Mode with networking and try an on-line scan or 2.

gl

Hijack This

I ran the computer in safe mode, and after a few attempts it did actually let me run my renamed Hijack this.
I have attached the log and would be really grateful if someone could help me out in understanding it!
Thanks

I suggest you make a new post in the spyware section where it will get proper attention.

gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back