ASUS EN8800GTS GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB review

Julio Franco

Staff member
The GeForce 8 series is set to expand on April 17th as Nvidia is set to release three mid-range DirectX 10 graphics cards.

While these new affordable graphics cards are going to be very attractive, it is still hard to ignore the value currently offered by the 320MB version of the GeForce 8800 GTS, which can be had for just $300. At least on paper, we can already tell this new offering is a good value as it features everything found on the original 8800 GTS with just half the memory, and a 33% lower price tag.

The GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB has captured and quickly dominated the $300+ videocard market as there is nothing else within this price range that can compete or even come close to it. This new GeForce 8-series alternative was released a little over a month ago now and availability has been excellent from the beginning, with countless options available. Today we have managed to get our hands on the ASUS EN8800GTS, which is priced at around $310 and comes with a few added bonuses.

https://www.techspot.com/review/47-asus-geforce-8800gts/

Please leave your feedback here. Thanks!

Performance should be the same across the board... any particular reasons why you believe that? eVGA does indeed make good cards, just trying to get a more elaborate explanation on your reasoning.

Asus makes very high quality cards, which usually have a nice bundle, but I believe a lot of people like evga's lifetime warranty and step up program (I believe asus has a 3yr warranty). Supposedly evga warranty also allows user overclocking and aftermarket cooler installation. XFX has a double lifetime warranty(lifetime of both original and second owner) and BFG has a lifetime warranty as well.

I'm not saying ASUS makes bad cards, I'm just loyal to eVGA. Just like I'm loyal to Gigabyte, Seagate and Lite-On. Other companies make parts of equal and/or better quality I just have a stupid childish loyalty to stuff.

EVGA tends to make cheaper, but high quality parts. I think someday I'll buy the EVA 8800GTS 320MB card.

Back