ASUS Radeon HD 2900XT review

Julio Franco

Staff member
After months of delays and much anticipation, ATI has finally come up with the Radeon HD 2900 XT, a DirectX 10 capable GPU meant to compete with Nvidia's GeForce 8 series, and the first big introduction in the PC enthusiast market since AMD acquired the company.

Today we have in our hands a Radeon HD 2900XT board, which is of course based on the R600 core using an 80nm design process. This version features just 512MB of onboard GDDR3 memory clocked at 1656MHz using a 512-bit wide memory bus. Combined with a core clock of 757MHz, the Radeon HD 2900XT can theoretically produce a memory bandwidth of 102.4GB/s, which is greater than that of the GeForce 8800 GTX.

https://www.techspot.com/review/52-asus-radeon-hd-2900xt/

Please leave your feedback here. Thanks!

Why did you review a pre-production board when the product is already released?

I don't get it since when did ASUS make pre-production boards?

I got no idea, I am quoting this:

review article said:
Today we have in our hands a pre-production Radeon HD 2900XT board

First page, first sentence in second paragraph.

Not really the review was completed before you guys even knew how the Radeon HD 2900XT performed. The review was posted at TS late.

Well then, my feedback is that Techspot should try not to post such interesting topics (and I really do mean interesting) late. We all were waiting for some hard evidence of the HD2900XT's hardcore performance (or lack thereof).

But it was old news by 30th May I'm afraid....

Just noticed that Steve is also from Melb.... Hi mate :p

Actually had we posted the numbers right away we would have shown you much worse performance from the Radeon HD 2900XT. By waiting for the current drivers we were able to bring you a much better review. Either way its a review on the "ASUS" Radeon HD 2900XT and not a reference board from ATI/AMD.

Back