Nvidia 8500 GT- artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseebcash4u

I recently had an 7800 GT and after two years of use it had a **** load of artifacts and i needed a new graphics card. I got a new graphics card and now in a couple of weeks it started to get artifacts as well. Well guys what else do you think may cause this problem? Dust? PCI-E slot? please help me out

I took pictures of my artifacts they're like the exact same as last time

May sound stupid but do you have the latest drivers installed. Makes a huge difference sometimes.

Some games no matter how hard you try just don't like a PC. Take Shellshock Nam67 for example.... its always looked like you pics. On my old PC or my new one. whatever GPU - so try a different game?

Chec its the GPU is not overheating using nTune - (search on google)

Ummm i really dont know what drivers to install for the 8500 GT want to tell me which one is it?

also dont have an nvidia compatible MB

uncheck the write combine in display troubleshooting

"uncheck the write combine in display troubleshooting". a person just told me to do it and might fix the problem but i dont even know what "uncheck the write combine in display troubleshooting" means

Yeah theres alot of dust on the fans and in the computer itself that i never got around dusting off with the spray and listen one more thing i ran 3dmark06 and i don't think i saw any artifacts. I don't even think i ran the artifact test properly.

Also for some reason my display keeps turning back to 800 x 600

Should i also blow through the heatsink fan to my CPU?

you probably shouldnt blow through any fans. But i do - and its never broke anything.

Sounds more like a driver problem if your resoltion keeps goin 800x600

Artifacting has three major causes:
1. Improper drivers - Check this by downloading the latest drivers for your video card from here if you're using Windows XP and here if you're using Windows Vista.

2. Overheating - Check this by using the 'Monitor GPU temperature' option in the NVIDIA Control Panel which you can access by right-clicking anywhere on your desktop and selecting 'Nvidia Control Panel'. This will only be visible if you've installed the drivers correctly. If the temperature at the desktop while not running anything is above 55C, then the card is overheating. You can solve the overheating by either cleaning out the card's fan with a can of compressed air or by buying a new HSF for the card.

3. Inadequate Power - A PSU (Power Supply Unit) that's dying or overloaded can cause artifacts, primarily because the card doesn't receive enough power to work properly. Alternatively, the card might require an extra Molex or 6-pin power connector that has not been plugged in. Check if your PSU is working properly by downloading Everest Home Edition (Google for it) and going to Motherboard->Sensor and looking at the voltage values there. All of the +3.3V, +5V and +12V rail voltages should be within 10% of their max voltage i.e. the +12V voltage should be at a minimum of 11.8V and not less. Also, make sure the voltages are stable and none of them fluctuates too wildly. A widely fluctuating rail voltage or one that is too low indicates an overloaded\dying PSU.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Artifacting has three major causes:

3. Inadequate Power - A PSU (Power Supply Unit) that's dying or overloaded can cause artifacts, primarily because the card doesn't receive enough power to work properly. Alternatively, the card might require an extra Molex or 6-pin power connector that has not been plugged in. Check if your PSU is working properly by downloading Everest Home Edition (Google for it) and going to Motherboard->Sensor and looking at the voltage values there. All of the +3.3V, +5V and +12V rail voltages should be within 10% of their max voltage i.e. the +12V voltage should be at a minimum of 11.8V and not less. Also, make sure the voltages are stable and none of them fluctuates too wildly. A widely fluctuating rail voltage or one that is too low indicates an overloaded\dying PSU.

I have this problem how do i fix it my volts are a little higher for the positive and much lower for the negative

And also dont u mean 10.8? or is it 11.8?

Many issues with voltage can be solved by accessing you BIOS (Basic Input Output System). Usually you enter BIOS by tapping DEL(ete) or one of the F1-F4 keys :) . Although we don't know what motherboard you have, we can't help you with the BIOS part :( .

My Motherboard is PV5D1-X and one more thing my 8500 GT has no fan!

Also do i move the negative rails (am i saying it right?) or the rails -12 -3,3 -5 volts to 10% of them?

And another thing someone told me that if i do that it'll screw up my PC

I can't seem to change the voltages in BIOS... it won't let me it says ignored...

Source of the Problem has been solved ladies and gentlemen my computer runs at 66 C with CSS on (Counterstrike Source) or it does according to nvidia control panel (is that normal)

Also can someone please give me a link to a HSF for a 8500 GT i can't seem to find one

66oC is about normal for a passive cooled card. Its not in the danger zone and source requires quite alot from your video card so im sure everything will be fine.

Cant giv u a link cus i dnt know wht ur talkin bout ;)

By what i'm talking about are u referring to the heat sink and fan? im looking for a HSF for my 8500 GT i don't know where to look for one. And another thing i am also looking on how to change my voltages to 10 % of their range will that harm my computer or is it going to work just fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back