HP multimedia keyboard drivers required

Status
Not open for further replies.

majorblenks

Hi all

I got a problem with my HP multimedia keyboard - i cant seem to find any UK drivers for my multimedia keyboard (HP) - the @ key is the wrong way round and the 'alt' key opens up a shortcut to IE - cant find anything in the control panel with will configurate the button - very fustrating!

Anyone who knows where i can find some appropriate drivers then please let me know - would be grand!

What is the exact model number of your HP, as found on the label on the back of the machine.

Hi

The model No is 5302 - thats off the back of the keyboard - the keyboard went with my original computer (P3 850) that i got back in 2001! lol

Hi

Thanks for all the advice. I found (in a deep dark corner within the language settings) that i had US settings ad have manage to get the @ key to act as an @ key, but ive still got a problem of the alt key being a shortcut to the HP centre and ctrl-alt-del not working - this is after i tried the drivers from the link above as well as some standard 101/102 keyboard drivers off the XP disc (for just for the hell of it)

5302 is NOT the model of the computer. There is no such animal. Closest is a zv5302EA. We need the HP model on the front bezel, and the back label of the computer. Do you no longer have the HP restore discs?
Did you replace the HP version of the operating system with one of your own.
A regular non-hp keyboard should work fine, and cost you less than $5.00 refurbished. I suspect that your use of a specialized keyboard made for another computer is the root of your problem. The specialized keyboards are only made to work on a limited set of computers.

In fact, I will bet you money that if this is a desktop computer, HP or not, that a regular keyboard will work fine... and that the keyboard made for that particular model will work fine.

Thanks Howard - ctrl, shift and esc does bring up the task manager!

raybay - no 5302 is the model number of the keyboard, the old HP case is gone, long gone! along with the HP version of the OS and restore discs!

ill scrub the drivers and try a regular generic keyboard and see if i get any problems - thanks for the advance! :)

Then you cannot expect the keyboard to work properly... a highly proprietary keyboard tied to a proprietary computer setup... when keyboards are so common we throw away 50 a week in our shop. I will send you a box of 12 tested ones free for shipping reimbursement only.
Drivers are not going to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back