CMOS settings wrong F1 to run setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
everytime i open my computer i encounter this error "CMOS Setting Wrong", press F1 to run SETUP, Press F2 to load default values and continue... im doing this for a year already i kept on searching in the internet hoping to find a good solution but i failed...any body can help? i tried to change the BIOS setting already and change the CMOS battery.. well.. after i change the battery it seems its ok but after 1 day it will pop up back the error.. pls.. help me to solve this problem... ty

Does it happen to say anything more specific? Like which CMOS setting is wrong? Some computer complain even when you change the peripherals like remove a PS/2 mouse.

What if you actually press F1, load the defaults in there and save the settings? There may be several kinds of defaults you can load.

If it still keeps forgetting the settings even after replacing the battery (with a new one I hope (and the new battery is the right type and is making contact)), then it may be the motherboard that has gone bad. Not much you can do about that.

Maybe try updating the system BIOS in the very unlikely case that it is some BIOS glitch that corrupts the settings..

i had this problem with my laptop... are you sure the time and date is right in bios. Check and make sure Its just basically saying the your cmos settings are wrong.. and changing the battery you sure its the right one for your mobo .... put your old battery back in then try .... if theres a jumper near your cmos battery that says clear_cmos then move that to pins 2 and 3 for 30 secs then back agen or just take your cmos battery out for 20 mins or so then put it back in that will clear you cmos settings and should work then

i did changed my battery and after that, when i turn back the computer it seems its ok, the time and date is ok but when i shut down the computer for long period of time (example 1 day) the error will back. i think the problem is my mobo.. but i did not try to upgrade the BIOS..(cause i dont know how)..
will if the mobo caused the damage? how to repair it?

A checksum is computed as an error-detecting code to protect the BIOS settings stored in the CMOS memory. Each time the system is booted, this number is recomputed and is checked against the stored value. If they do not match, an error message is generated indicating CMOS memory contents may have been corrupted. Your problem may be due to a weak CMOS battery, in which case you need to get it replaced, one for your mobo. A virus that?s changing the CMOS settings, may also be the cause. Do a thorough check-up with an antivirus. For the frequent SMPS damage, check the input AC Voltage and the ?earthing? of your electricity distribution.

I have successfully resolved it

Just now I resolved it. I too had the same problem. :) Here is the solution:
* First of all, replace the old battery with the new one. (If you have already done that proceed with next step).
* Start the computer, it gives error message and asks you to take action.
* Read the error message and Press F1, it will take you to BIOS settings.
* Change the values (according to error message). If such setting is not there proceed to next step.
* Now, in Advanced setting there will one setting similar to "BIOS settings cacheable", just disable it.
* Save the settings and start your computer.

That's all. Now your computer is ready without any error messages. :wave:

Please let me know if it was helpful or not. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back