Why howard is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rik

Howard asked me to post this message for him.

It is with the greatest regret I have to inform you, I won`t be coming back to TS.
The reasons are many and are deeply personal.
Suffice to say, I`ve had a complete mental breakdown for reasons I won`t go into.
I apologise for all the inconvenience I`ve caused. I wish I could take it all back, but I can`t.
Regards Howard.
I wish you all the very best.

I for one wish Howard a speedy recovery. I also hope that at some time in the future he will come back to TS. But, no pressure there, it's entirely up to him.

That is very bad news, and what could have happened. Is that a lie, or something?
We will miss him alot he was a good Guy, and i really find it so pressing, we pray for him, and hope he will come back to normal, i Like that guy.
God bless you Mate

Robin

As he say's, it's deeply personal and therefore not anyone elses business (no offence meant, just making the point as strongly as I possibly can).

To me, he is also a fantastic friend. I plan on doing what I can to help him.

I once said to him that if we lived near one another I just know we would have been firm friends long before now.

Good luck to you Howard. Many of us have gone through bad times, and understand.

Remember it is never so dark that there is not a little bit of light. Bad things eventually disappear in the ether. Come back when you can.

Hope this isn't permanent. Howard really seems like one of a kind and just in the last few months I have watched him help hundreds of people. I even read the forums back to 2005 when he was helping people through their probs. He got me through something that I don't think anybody else could of, and he did it in a 24 hour period.

If you read this Thank you so much for the help and I wish you well.

It's a huge loss, shared by all of us......

People who are concerned, and share their time and considerable knowledge freely are such a rarity. Howard gave so much, much more than he took, while working within a very, very challenging venue. Accordingly, we should all thank him heartily, and wish him well in whatever is next. Thank you again Howard, and all the best.

All i can say really is i hope howard recovers and is back on his feet soon

I wish him all the best and thanks for all the help over the years, not just to me but to others :)

consider yourselves lucky you got to know him so well. i didn't get to for very long.

but i can say this. whatever time i did know him for was well worth it. i may not be able to share the same feelings of incredible friendship and comradery, but i will definitely miss him. he had a presence in whatever thread he was in. it's hard to describe. but you all knew him so well i'm sure you know what i'm talking about.

i'm honored to have known him. perhaps not in a face to face type of way, but you work with what you've got. long live howard. it's been an absolute pleasure, and i sincerely hope he gets himself back up to speed.

WE LOVE YOU HOWARD!

I too wish to add my sentments to Howard. He was and is a great person who would go out of his way just to help people. If there were more people like him in the world it would be a better place.
I raise a glasstoyou Howard, and want you to know that you never caused anyone on Techspot an 'inconveniance.'

We all wish you the best

Howard my mate - what can I say? I have to say your the most helpful, kindest person I've ever met. Please take your time mate - your health comes first than TS.

Well I do hope you can return once again to TS - because your such a wonderful person.

Regards Jason :)

PS: Rik can you send that too Howard.. please..

Good luck from a fellow Brit and best wishes for a speedy recovery. You have helped a lot of guys and gals on here in the past and I am sure they would happily help you if they could. We wish you all the best and hope you will be back at some time in the future but only when your ready.

Is this why his post in the Security & the webs part of the forum ( the virus removal instructions ) has changed to Julio?

Yep, Julio must have recovered the threads somehow and re-posted them, but keeping the same thread number so it must be some sort of Admin thing ;)

My thanks also go to Howard. He is one of the bunch of very helpful people on these forums that make these forums what they are today.

To Howard:
Mate, if you can, keep this thread. May it remind you of happier times when your help was/is greatly appreciated by many. You have friends, be it personal or via a keyboard, don't lose faith buddy, you will always be eagerly welcomed back here.
Good luck to you :)

I'm so sorry to hear about Howard's troubles. He will be sorely missed here both for his technical knowledge and his distinguished presence. I hope he will be back here one day soon.

All the best Howard.

I'm sure that conservatively speaking, there's 100's of Techspotters behind you, wishing for a speedy recovery.

Howard, you were a great help to everyone here and will be sorely missed. But I'm sure you already know that. I don't doubt that you'll pull yourself out of this. Just one piece of advice if I may, go easy on the cigs ok? More for your sake than ours mate. I will see you soon and I hope this message reaches you via rik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back