Where can I find this circuit board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am new to this Tech Forum site so; Howdy!
At present my mental status is fried, so is my circuit board. Don't ask, I don't want to tell what I (yes - I) did to the circuit board. Lets just say it now has me in a very very dark place. Anyway, I need a Maxtor FISH-N-M16.301252104, Model 53073H6, 16383 Cylinders, 16 Heads, 63 Sectors Circuit Board
I obtained mine aproximately 1994, I don't know what year these were built or how many produced (I'm really hoping there were alot)
Thanks,
Redtexas

O.K., now I found my other Maxtor drive, can anyone tell me if:
the circuit board on a DiamondMax Plus 8, 40GB, ATA/133 HDD, MFG DATE 05APRIL2003,CODE: NAR61590, LBA: 80293248, E-H011-02-3427, 6E040L0510605 AAA, S/N: E19FLJXE, K, M, C, A, AND On the board there is a number painted: E2110790903
Can it be used for circuit board exchange with the Model 53073H6 for the purpose of data recovery?
Thank you, Redtexas

Hello, redtexas, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, by circuit board, do you mean hard drive? PCB's (printed circuit boards) don't have cylinders, heads or sectors.

I need a PCB (Printed Circuit Board) to match a Maxtor HDD

You asked;
"With regards to your problem, by circuit board, do you mean hard drive?
PCB's (printed circuit boards) don't have cylinders, heads or sectors."

Yes, I do need the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) for this specific Maxtor hard drive because the circuit board on my hard drive is damaged and I NEEEEED to retrieve the data from my hard drive. The lesser evil way to do this will be for me to change out the circuit board, I just have to find one of the same Maxtor HDD model as mine. I am not choosy, I'll take a whole hard drive unit, or a board alone, as long as it is the same model Maxtor that I have described in my first post. I do have a spare DiamondMax Plus 8 HDD, I don't know that it would be useable for my situation. If anyone could advise on that I will greatly appreciate the assist. Otherwise, if anyone has, or knows where I could better search for, old Maxtor HDD's and parts that too would be helpful.
Thank you,
Redtexas
(P.S. I am located in Texas but I know how to buy World Wide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back