Dell password(s) initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscrx

Not sure where to post this else, but since its a common problem for alot of mobile dell models I think I am right here...

I'd like to do more work on a dell password generator but I got stuck because I am not a programmer and also don't have reverse engineering knowledge.
I always come to the same question when I look at a list of dell codes and passwords combinations. how to calculate the password from the code given? is there a "factor" or something? I liked maths in school but that so long ago and I don't think a school formula can compare all pairs of codes and passwords and give out a result.
so basically I am looking for help on this. does anybody have programming and/or reverse engineering abilities?
I know that some guys are out there (even here) who have! but not sure if they maybe work for dell and just got their hands on the ultimate top secret tool !?!

hope for some input!
thanks and which you all a happy new year, 2008!
mscrx

ps. I attached the list of codes I have. there might be some more to find in this forums...

Moderator Edit:
Free Help Here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic90285.html

Attachments

• dell resets.txt
    747 bytes · Views: 454
Here's some more:

DELL BIOS PASSWORDS (NOTEBOOKS)
LATITUDE XPi r6aszrxx
LATITUDE CP 1HE0ZZ3D
LATITUDE CPia 7507EC6K
Inspiron 3000/3200 KQHXJWLA
Inspiron 7000 BLVJCH
Inspiron 7500 (?) BLVJCH

PH: 1800 060 889 (Dell Notebook Support) for others
(You will need proof of purchase & Asset (Sn))

You will need to open (the old) link above
Then click on Post Reply (the latest post for Dell passwords was Today !)

@simlock
why would I start something like this thread if I already had a password generator?
I like this forums too but this thread is a good example for small talk destroying an idea. well thats how it looks like for me...

somebody may close this thread. its not worth the disk space if people only read and even better ask questions that show they didn't even understand it.

cheers

sorry but there is no generator especialy for new dell laptops as many peopls in this forum dream of...!!!!,each dell manufactured with unique tag number and attribute a special password crypted in Kb controller chip, so dont waste ur time i past long mounths in getting this truth.

Dell Latitude D830 Bios locked

I know you have herd this story to often but it doesn't hurt to ask for assitance from a expert. I received a brand new laptop for the holidays because my old one died. So when I powered it on i recieved a a grey screen with a message about entering the system or administrator password. I have no clue WTH this is and why it is asking for it. So, I called Dell and gave them my inforamtion along with the service tag and the express service code. They informed me that the service tag and the express service code are registered to different places neither of which match the model of the machine or the place where the machine was ordered. I am in desperate need of this machine while i am over seas working until mid february. I deperately need your help.

Dell Latitude D830
SERVICE TAG: 4KWH1F1
EXPRESS SERVICE CODE: 9970995565

dbpk said:
sorry but there is no generator especialy for new dell laptops as many peopls in this forum dream of...!!!!,each dell manufactured with unique tag number and attribute a special password crypted in Kb controller chip, so dont waste ur time i past long mounths in getting this truth.

I already know that but a generator generates a code. it doesnt get it from a list. so there is a way of calculation. and thats where I wanted to start... ok?

this forums are about helping eachother not selling something. there are a few guys here who have the knowledge or know somebody who has. they shoult share their knowledge as we all do in all forums here. nobody sells information about overclocking or windows settings. so what?

and...

@pctech-hitman

go read first and find the right place to post your story.
.... just another example of what I said before....

mscrx said:
I already know that but a generator generates a code. it doesnt get it from a list. so there is a way of calculation. and thats where I wanted to start... ok?

this forums are about helping eachother not selling something. there are a few guys here who have the knowledge or know somebody who has. they shoult share their knowledge as we all do in all forums here. nobody sells information about overclocking or windows settings. so what?

and...

@pctech-hitman

go read first and find the right place to post your story.
.... just another example of what I said before....
Hi mscrx,
I know what you r trying to do and I don't know much about cryptography or coding but do you think that with even a 1000 long "Service tag/unlock code" list you could figure out the black box in the middle? With that said, I could propose to use this thread to talk about what we already know about this fuc*ing security procedure from Dell. Do you know how does it work? I've already tried to change a 25VF08 from a unlocked dell D620 to one locked and it didn't work. So I know for sure that the pasword isn't on that chip.

Ok, I hope maybe we could do something about this because in the last 6 or more months the only guy that really had a generator was rustam (or something like that) and now nobody knows nothing about this.

Could you or any body else comment about the workings of this procedure and where is the password located and then the people around the world could try to read some chip to know more about it. What do you think?

(the password is located on the KeyBoard chip??? Thats right????)

Thanks. And sorry for my english. But as I said I don't know too much about crypto

What we really need is one ISO download with all the information from this board and others, of keys and options and emails! of helpful solutions.
If someone wants to do this, it could save a lot of time.
ie refer to the ISO
as for cost, well hopefully someone really angry could do this, just to spit on this Dell password issue (that may do it)

@kimsland, yes this is valid point. there is alot of information around and a collection of it all could help many people. well, at least make it easier to get the information together...
I could host this information once its packed.

@zerox666, I am sure there is a way of calculation and thats why I am looking for some buy in of any coder. there are a handful of guys which use a password generator and they must have found a way to calculate passwords from the service tag. one guy told me that the 'program' is stored in the keyboard controller flash and it comes with most of all bios updates. so it should be possible to disassemble this code... but unfortunately not by me.
I already got the .rom file out of a bios-update.exe file and had a look inside but its all machine code so nothing that can tell us anything...
but at this point a coder could start. thats what I am sure of!

if somebody is interested I have a copy of the full dellpass shorting instructions with alot of pics for different models.

Wow mscrx

Also if you add these to your txt file list
LATITUDE XPi r6aszrxx
LATITUDE CP 1HE0ZZ3D
LATITUDE CPia 7507EC6K
Inspiron 3000/3200 KQHXJWLA
Inspiron 7000 BLVJCH
Inspiron 7500 (?) BLVJCH

actually in that txt file, which master key refers to which Laptop ?

The PDF is very good

You say you cannot make a generator, (hopeing someone will)
But all this information is very good on its own.

If you decide to put in on your webpage, you would get thousands of hits !
Include google adds and well, one rich puppy !

You could include a search, and even a few links.
Not sure what your web page will be oneday, but this is a great start.

So, will you do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back