BSOD And Various Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.
Please bear with me me as it's the first time I've ever posted on a forum before.
I bought my PC in parts at xmas & my dad put it together for me,straight away I started having probs with it blue screening.It turned out it was the hard drive which was duly swapped and upgraded to a Seagate one (BTW my specs are available to look at if I've set it up right!!!). So I finally recieved the computer back last Fri (18 Jan) I installed a few things and updated the graphics card driver over the 1 my dad installed that came with the card then I used ASUS Smart Doctor to O/C the GPU from 540 to 560MHz and the memory from 800 to 810 then I tried COD 4 and there were were squares all over the screen with little dots in them. I tried Bioshock and that was even worse with mad coloured blocks all over aswell as the squares w/dots.But it doesn't normally crash during the games.But when I tried playing certain AVI's it would BSOD.So I reformatted & reinstalled & it's now playing the AVI's fine but the games are the same & tonight I tried playing DEUS EX with CPU Killer as it plays fast.It did 3 BSOD's in a row.Also the icons for nearly everything have gone to the default icon when windows doesn't know what opens it even most of the shortcuts in Control Panel.At the moment I can't take the GPU back and also I'm worried that I might of done it but my other card (XFX 7600GT) O/Ced a lot more than that and it's still going fine but in my sons PC (who doesn't live with me so I'm not able to try it in mine).I was wondering if anyone would be good enough to have a look at the minidump files I've attached aswell as the pic of the screenshot at the beginning of Bioshock and tell me what they think, it seems funny that 2 components have broke in the same PC in less than 6 weeks.I was wondering if something else might be wrong say the PSU (which is a 500W one BTW) or the memory. To be honest I don't see how I can be this unlucky. I've owned PC's for 5Yrs now and nothing had ever gone wrong.Anyway thanks in advance. I'd appreciate any info or suggestions.
P.S. I'm sorry if I've been a bit long winded & maybe not explained myself very well but this is my 1st attempt at this,so could someone please at least reply and let me know if I'm on the right track.

Attachments

• Dodgy graph's on Bioshock.JPG
    Dodgy graph's on Bioshock.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 6
Update ASUS Smartdoctor, this has stopped it crashing before. Set the video card back to stock speeds. Post any new minidumps after doing this.

BugCheck 10000050, {9e2263d1, 0, 8052a8cc, 0}
Probably caused by : EIO.sys ( EIO+1b6e ) <-- ASUS Smartdoctor.
b0b82000 b0b85000 EIO EIO.sys Wed Jun 14 14:44:28 2006 (448FA23C)

My Bad!! I messed up again and nearly double posted the same message but without the quote so I tried to delete the reply and wasn't able to.Please be patient I'm just starting doing this for the 1st time.
Sorry in advance

Set the video card back to stock speeds.

I have updated Smart doctor to the newest version v5.084.
Also as soon as the artefacts came up (10 days ago),I put it back to the stock speeds straight away.
But it made no difference, I even tried underclocking it a bit,same results I have also attached a screenshot of what call of duty looks like.
Since last night there has been one more error, which happened before the upggrade
of Smart Doctor, I'm sorry I can't remember what was happening in fact I only just found out by looking in my minidump folder.So I'll attach that.
Thanks very much for your time Peter(and anyone else who helps), it's much appreciated.
BTW The COD 4 Screenshot is with the 1st post.
Also I think I remember what happened b4 the BSOD, I was installing a game from an .mdf with Daemon Tools which I also have a feeling has installed a rootkit, I have Unhackme installed and now whenever it restarts it finds a hidden driver file called sp**.sys, which it then tries to delete on the next restart.
But it changes its name and so is not able to be deleted, it always begins with sp with 2 random letters after,and is totally hidden from everything I can find to look for and get rid of it.
I know Daemon installs sptd.sys driver but this isn't it and if anyone knows anything about this would they please tell me what it is.
Sorry if this is combining 2 different topics in 1 thread, but it happened around the time of the last BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back