TechSpot

"0 not found" Error message when using DVD player on laptop

By fire chief
Mar 25, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an IBM ThinkPad that has a cdrw/dvd drive. When I use the cdrw/dvd drive for dvds, I get a "0 not found" error message. The dvd does start to run on windows media player (and Interactual DVD player when I try it), but the error message pops up and stops the player. The movie is still showing behind the message box and will resume when I click on the OK in the message box, but just seconds later the error message comes back and stops the movie again. As long as the OK is clicked the movie will play and sound is present.

I can use the cd player without any error messages, but the dvd player always brings up the error message.

Any ideas as to what is going on ????

Thanks,
    fire chief
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Start-->Run-->devmgmt.msc
    Expand the CD/DVD drive section (by clicking on the plus sign)
    Right click on your DVD drive and select remove (or uninstall)
    OK

Restart
    Test again (once your drive has been automatically found)
  3. davem3675

davem3675 TS Rookie

0 not found error also

I have a sony Vaio laptop and am getting the same message. I have trteid uninstalling the device and restarting but this did not solve the problem. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
  4. kimsland

5. davem3675

davem3675 TS Rookie

Still no luck. Any more ideas?
  6. kimsland

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.