0X000000050 Page_fault_in_nonpaged-area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have read several other posts in this forum to try to find the root cause of my 0x000000050 error. I have updated dell drivers, bios, anti-virus updates (with full can) etc. but I still am gettng these errors. I have some minidumps but I don't know how to read them!! I have attached one dmp file for someone to view.

Any help is appreciated!!

Attachments

• Mini011709-04.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 13
Your minidump error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and is defined by auhma.org as --

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

A lot of times this error is caused by corrupted memory but in your case driver SPBBCDrv.sys was cited and this belongs to Symantex antivirus which fits the above definition as a likely cause. Your driver could be corrupted.

Either update the drivers or a uninstall re-intall might be the best recourse.

By the way, there are much better options than this antivirus but if your license has a ways to go keep it.

Thanks for submitting this reply and suggestion to remove the spbbcdrv.sys from my PC!! It seems to work so far. By the way, what program do you use to read *.dmp dump files?

Also, you said their are better Internet Security products than Symantec. Would you reply with ones that you would suggest using?

Thank you very much

If you want a Security Suit I recommend Kaspersky. If you want to keep your security software separate (this is called layering) here are some suggestions:

Antivirus:

Kaspersky, NOD32, Antivir, Advast. The latter two have very good free versions.

Firewall:

Online Armor (both free and $; I run the $)

Comodo - free but make sure you know how the configure

Sunbelt - Some love it; I had headaches but don't let that stop you

Antispyware:

SUPERantispyware and others

* if you uninstall Symantec keep in mind it will leave remnants of itself behind. To completely remove it you have to go to their site and use their tool to completely remove their product.

I'm getting the same error message. Can someone please help me? I can only get on in safe mode. It's really bad!! Thanks!!! I really appreciate it!!!

Garrette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back