TechSpot

0x0000007e bugcode_usb_driver

By Markus Ruckus
Feb 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. **EDIT** 0x000000FE (sorry)

I am trying to help solve this issue for a friend. The PC is a HP touchsmart iq775. AMD turion 64 x2, 2GB memory. This is an AIO PC but I have a second unit to pull parts from. Windows vista home premium 32bit SP2 with all current updates.
    No consistency with BSOD. sometimes within a min or two of turning on, sometimes while trying to open programs or access webcam, once it ran for 2 days then when shutting down, it BSOD'd, I have disabled sleep (thinking it was a USB wake issue). Verified advanced power settings have USB select suspend setting disabled. I have ran memtest86+ (3 passes) without issue. tested the hard drive with WD datalifeguard. wiped the harddrive and push out a clean image. I have swapped the front USB connections from the motherboard. I'm at a loss and I dont know how to read/interpret minidumps.

I appreciate the help, thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,915   +167

Is there a removable Nvidia video card in this all-in-one computer? If so try swapping it out. The minidump points to a Nvidia driver issue. Also, memtest86 should be run for a minimum 7 passes

3. Markus Ruckus

Markus Ruckus TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ironically, that is the one part that failed in the "spare" unit (no video at all). I decided to remove the card from the system I am working on and re-flow the GPU on the card, I replaced the silicon pads and removed the stock thermal paste and replaced with Arctic Silver compound. As of now, I have had it running OCCT and FurMark on and off for the past 1.5 days. So far all seems to be good, however, I have had the system running stable this long before this "procedure" so I am not guaranteed out of the woods yet

4. Markus Ruckus

Markus Ruckus TS Rookie Topic Starter

And again, 2 hours after my last post. another crash. same 0x000000FE. I am about to throw in the towel. Unless anyone has any other wacky ideas.?.?.?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.