0x0000007E stop error nvgts.sys error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having trouble with my computer it started off with a 0x000000B error which i managed to fix by repairing with the windows xp disc but now i have a 0x0000007E stop error and saying that nvgts.sys is having an error. i dont know what to do i cant get to the desktop screen or anything. I tried running it in safe mode and all the other modes on th F8 menu but blue screened. When i tried running it in safe mode it showed that nvgts.sys was in a drivers folder or something but i dont know what to do for that. I dont have any important files on my computer but i dont want to reformat because my drivers and stuff came installed on my computer but im not sure if i have all the correct disks. So what im asking is, is this a major problem that requires a reformating my hard drive or is this something i can fix?

nvgt.sys is part of the Nvidia SATA drivers and it causes all kinds of issues. At this point in time I don't have the time (sorry!) other than to relay this info but it is documented on the net not to install these.

There are workarounds. Do a search and you'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back