0x0000007E stop error nvgts.sys error

By chickennig
Nov 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been having trouble with my computer it started off with a 0x000000B error which i managed to fix by repairing with the windows xp disc but now i have a 0x0000007E stop error and saying that nvgts.sys is having an error. i dont know what to do i cant get to the desktop screen or anything. I tried running it in safe mode and all the other modes on th F8 menu but blue screened. When i tried running it in safe mode it showed that nvgts.sys was in a drivers folder or something but i dont know what to do for that. I dont have any important files on my computer but i dont want to reformat because my drivers and stuff came installed on my computer but im not sure if i have all the correct disks. So what im asking is, is this a major problem that requires a reformating my hard drive or is this something i can fix?
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,108   +21

nvgt.sys is part of the Nvidia SATA drivers and it causes all kinds of issues. At this point in time I don't have the time (sorry!) other than to relay this info but it is documented on the net not to install these.

There are workarounds. Do a search and you'll see.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.