0x000000d1 BSOD, minidump analysis requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

djc2005

I have a Dell D600 Latitude, that I just completed reloaded/rebuilt with Win XP Pro SP2. Also, upgraded the memory from 256mb to 384mb. Originally had 2 x 128mb, now 1x128 and 1x256; all pc2100 dell memory.

I loaded all the latest drivers from the dell website, and the only additional programs loaded were itunes and aol and office xp and mcafee internet security.

After everything was said and done, I got this BSOD message. 2 days later got it again. It did not indicate a driver in the BSOD message. The first time is when I was opening the control panel accessing the Alps TouchPad setting, the second time was just after login. Microsoft Memory diagnostic and MEmTest 86+ all pass. Any help is appreciated, if you can isolate the suspect driver, or have other ideas whast is the issue.

The computer runs great, super fast, and can run all day long without issue, but this has shown up twice. Also, the disk has no errors either.

Best Regards,

Dave

Attachments

• dell600m.zip
    30.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi,

Two minidumps are crashed with the same symptom and the running process is AOLacsd.exe. The problem is related to internet access. Probably it is the software error of Mpfirewall. If you encounter BSOD after you upgrade Mpfirewall, de-install Mpfirewall and install Sygate.

Your debug report.
Mini111205-01.dmp BugCheck 100000D1, {1bbfe64, 2, 0, 7c90eb94}
Owning Process: AOLacsd.exe

Mini111505-01.dmp BugCheck 100000D1, {195fe64, 2, 0, 7c90eb94}
Owning Process: AOLacsd.exe

still having bsods

I removed mcafee firewall completely (just using windows xp firewall), same problem.

I have upgraded all the dell drivers and bios, and even downgraded all the drivers/bios, same problem.

I removed the intel proset application, just using windows to manage the wireless. But the problem occurs when not connected wireless/wired.

The only thing I can think of is to remove aol, although this is a primary dialup application for the user.

Any more thoughts?

It seems to be repeatable, if I turn the laptop on, with ac power, but no enet connection. at the login screen wait till the screen goes into power save mode, then hit the touchpad to bring it back, then login, then usually it happens after all the drivers are loaded.

Also, sometimes right after I dial into aol, it BSODs too.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Hi,

All the running process of your minidumps are AOLacsd.exe. Upgrade AOLacsd.exe may resolve the blue screen problem.

Thanks

I uninstalled AOL (it was the latest download install from aol.com) and installed aol from a cd.

The aol tech support suggested install from cd, not sure why; you'd figure hte online download was the latest and greatest. But the cd install seems more stable at the moment. Will test today.

Thanks very much for your help.

update

So far I have not been able to reproduce the blue screen after the AOL CD installation. I gave the computer to the customer who has been using it for a week, I will send another update after they have used it for a while.

If this did fix it, it indicates that AOL cd install is indeed different than the web download, even though it says the same version.

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back