0x8E on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ftowngang916

Hello I am the owner of a PC that has just started recently having problems. My computer now blue screens randomly with different messages everytime. Below are the specs to my computer and windows 7 crash report after my last blue screen. I am bad with computers generally so any help is appreciated. If you have any questions please ask.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00Ghz
4.00 Gb Ram
32 Bit OS
ATI Radeon HD 4870

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 82B0910E
BCP3: A9C3BC20
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
E:\Windows\Minidump\050210-24102-01.dmp
E:\Users\Smylodon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65192-0.sysdata.xml

Ive seen the message "IRQL Not Less or Equal" a few times on my blue screen also. Im going to do as you recommended and post results here.

Your error code is 0x8E and though sometimes they can be caused by drivers thay are almost always caused by hardware and are a particularly a strong indicator of corrupted memory.

In light of your error code and the fact that you are getting random crashes with varying codes we would like you to run memtest on your memory. This is free and completely safe.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass, i.e. 8 completed individual tests = 1 PASS and then the test will start again with Test #1 BUT it will be throwing different patterns than the first time and so on. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Ive seen the message "IRQL Not Less or Equal" a few times on my blue screen also. Im going to do as you recommended and post results here.

I had the same problem as you the IRQL Not Less or Equal, But I got mine fixed thanks to the help of Archean, it had to do with one of my ram sticks, after removing it I dont get random shutdowns and the blue screen, I would suggest that u try what Route44, and also you can check my thread for Archean's suggestions.
I hope this helps you.

Link to my thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic146488.html

To add to what d3d said, IRQL Not Less or Equal ios an 0xA error and these are caused by either hardware or bad drivers. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Ok I just ran Memtest overnight on my PC and it returned with 0 errors. I let it pass 8 times and and it had a 0 under the error column. I am confused as to what my next step should be. Thanks for the help.

We need your minidump files, your hardware specs including make and model of your motherboard and RAM, plus the security software you are running.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

The one thing that came up definitive is the Daemon Tools driver sptd.sys. In the past we have seen a lot of people have issues with this software and particularly this driver.

Either update your software or completely uninstall. If you do either or both what are the results.

Ok I completely uninstalled Daemon Tools. So far I have yet to have a blue screen. I will report back if anything changes.

Since uninstalling Daemon tools my computer has randomly shut down twice.

Update: My computer is still getting the blue screen with the message "IRQL not less or equal."

The blue screens are happening more frequently now. I have also read the message "page fault in nonfault area" on my latest blue screen. Below is the minidump since uninstalling Daemon Tools.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    125.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Minidump2.zip
    101.4 KB · Views: 2
You are still having issues with the Daemon Tools driver sptd.sys as it was cited in an 0xD1 minidump file as the cause of your issues.

Bleeping Computer states that this driver causes a lot of issues and is known to cause instability.

Another place concerning this driver and software stated: A driver for DAEMON Tools Virtual Drive Manager. Configured to be the very first driver to load when system starts; may cause instability.

* See if Daemon Tools has a removal tool.

I've done everything I can to get rid of Daemon tools and anything related to it. I will post back if problems continue.

I've done everything I can to get rid of Daemon tools and anything related to it. I will post back if problems continue.

Understand. If you haven't done so already contact their tech support, tell them of your issues and how the error code 0xD1 minidump files specifically cited your system crashes was sptd.sys and that this driver persists in causing problems even after you uninstalled the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back