1.44 Floppy USB Emulator?

By jsmileb
Nov 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I have a Kawai digital piano that uses a 1.44 floppy for software upgrades. The piano dates back to 2003, but is a great instrument for my purposes. In doing an upgrade, I have run into problems, I think due to the unreliability of the drive and the relative lack of quality of currently available floppy disks. In researching the issue I found a 1.44 floppy to USB emulator. It has the usual floppy connections (data and power) with a USB port that should enable the use of a thumb drive to update. Here is the unit:

http://www.virtualvillage.com/3-5-1...-emulator-usb-with-lcd-screen-006401-076.html

I have seen the unit on Ebay with a list of equipment with which it can be used. No mention of Kawai Digi Pianos.

Questions:
    Anyone have any experience with it?
    Is a software patch necessary? I do not know of a way to change the software that recognizes the floppy, and have no idea if the BIOS can be reconfigured.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.