1 long beep 2 short, comp. wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, heres my problem, at first games would crash often, then i couldnt even install games, saying a cabnit file is corrupt, or there is a problem with my networking. I took my comp into a shop, they said i needed a new operating system, so i bought windows vista premium 64bit installed it. First I installed wow which worked, then I had to download the patches, after downloading they wouldnt install, saying the download was corrupt, or there were too many errors in wow to reinstall it. I did a chkdsk in the command propmt, says theres nothing wrong with my hard drive, I have dual channel memory, so I bought 2 new sticks of 1g ram to replace them thinking that could be the problem. When i put the new ram in started the comp. it wouldnt boot, just a black screen and gave me the boot code of 1 long beep followed by 2 short over and over. I think that means a bad video card, i took it out, put it back in, same thing, so i used one from a different computer, same thing. does any one know what could be wrong with my comp? its like 3 months old.

Not all Ram cards are compatible.

If you remove the new ram cards does it work?
Or if you just use the new Ram cards, and take out the old ones, does it work ?

I'd say, more likely Ram issue

You may also want to post all your Hardware system specs, including the new ram specs

Old Ram-Corsair xms2-6400 DDR 800mhz 1024 mb 1.9v X2
New Ram-Corsair xms2-6400 DDR 800mhz 1024 mb 2.1v X2
Cooler Master 600 watt Power Supply
Asus p5n-E Sle Motherboard
Dual core 3.0 proccesor
320g Harddrive

I duno if its the ram, because i put the old ram back in that i was using before which use to work fine, and even that doesnt work.

OK what about new Ram in and old Ram out (just in case the Old Ram has been hurt somehow on re-fit)

Also thanks for the specs, I see all similar except slightly on voltage.
Are they also both the same manufactures ? I've also seen this conflict before too.

same manufacter, and ya i tried both new rams in, both old rams in, changed the slots i put the ram in as well, still nothing.
Ya i noticed the voltage difference as well, not sure if that would affect it, but even so u'd think i could still revert back to the old ram and it'd be fine.

Thinking it may be a glitch in the motherboard which is why my other video card didnt work in it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back