1 Long Beeps, Followed by 3 Short Beeps (sometimes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bellb

Hi, I have recently built my own PC but for some reason I keep getting 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps, but it doesnt happen all the time, sometimes it will turn on fine and other times I get the beeps, it is really annoying me because I cant find any problems, I have read that these beeps can be the Graphics card or the RAM but I find it strange that it does it sometimes and not all the time, can anyone please help with this problem, Thanks.

My system specs are as followed:
Asus P5K Premium Motherboard
Intel Quad Core Q6600 CPU
8GB Reaper RAM
BFG NVIDIA GTX280 OC Graphics Card
CoolerMaster 1000W PSU

hi 1bellb

make sure that all of your RAM chips are firmly placed into their slots and that they aren't susceptible to movement in and out of the slots. You could also run Memtest on your chips from here - www.memtest.org. You've heard right about the beeping sounds probably being caused by RAM issues. Good luck :)

Spyder_1386 :)

How do you make it boot from CD because I have copied all the files to a CD and when I boot it just past the Boot from CD part and goes to the Windows Boot

Right guys, I did the MemTest and everything is fine apparently, No errors at all. So now im really stuck on what to do. Because I now know it isnt the RAM, so what is it, Could it be the Graphics Card or could it be the PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back