1 Problem, 1 Question!

By EsTeBaNo
Aug 20, 2006
  1. Hello! I just installed a new motherboard. I Purchased a new motherboard because the one i had was a version without the pci e port but its the same mobo just with a pci-e port.
    The problem is that my system now detects 2 mobos when i only have 1 that means its detecting 2 processors. i tried uninstalling one but it didnt worked since its always there. and heres another problem, i cant hibernate my pc because when i change it back to normal it appears a message saying that there was some problem with Kernel dunno what...
    If anyone can help me ill appreciate it a lot !

2. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 137

I would suggest to back up your files and reformat your computer. However someone else may be able to think of a better way.
  3. agi_shi

agi_shi TS Rookie Posts: 385

It is generally suggested that after a big hardware change (such as, changing processor/motherboard/etc) you reformat and reinstall.
  4. Shizat

Shizat TS Rookie Posts: 70

Chances are you just need to install the right drivers, al though the board seems the same, I am sure it has a different chipset, and you are using the old drivers... And deffinitely remove them too...

After that, then a reinstall is your best option. In reality's case, you normally wouldn't even be here after a change like that, you'd already be formatting...
  5. EsTeBaNo

EsTeBaNo TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 84

Oh God, I can make a destructive system recovery that may help? it will reformat the pc to its default state "just like new" lol
  6. Shizat

Yeah but you will lose all excess files (i.e My DOcuments, Pictures, other files you have saved...)
  7. EsTeBaNo

EsTeBaNo TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 84

Yes :( Glad i created cd backups 2 days ago when i installed the new mobo. oh well the only problem right now is that the driver install and the programs will take me some hours

8. Shizat

Well good luck and let us know how it goes...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.