100% Task Manager, Slow BIOS, Boot, Power Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laeion

As I booted my computer, it worked fine, until it decided to shut off on me (without any Blue screens). So I booted it up again, and it shut down and gave me Blue screen error 0x0000000A. I powered it down, and it booted by itself and took me to an unusual BIOS screen I've never seen before. It showed something about IDE configuration. After it finished, the computer powered off. So I booted the PC up again, and this time, the first loading screen (where you can press F12, etc.) lagged while trying to load. After loading, it took over 10 minutes to get into the login screen. It seemed as if the whole computer decided to become slow, and it continued as I type my password into the login field and login to my account.

I don't know what exactly is going on, the Task Manager also said 100% CPU Usage, my internet cable I used that plugs in from the modem to the back of my CPU doesn't light up anymore, and I also lost my internet connection. While trying to shutdown, the computer did it for me... by showing me another blue screen...

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7116/pic0346at2.jpg

During the computer is loading, something else was weird, the thing that lights up while the computer loads was half as bright as the power light. In this picture, the power light is the left light, and the loading light is the one on the right.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5446/pic0348vw8.jpg

Please help...

This is my computer information,
Windows XP Home Edition
Dell Dimension 2400
512 MB of RAM, 80 GB size C: drive

Thank you in advance...

PSU - Power Supply Unit. A electronic device that supplies the various devices within your PC with the power(Electricity) they need.

To remove the PSU: Shutdown the PC, Unplug the power cord, Press and hold the power button at the front of the comp(Bezel) for 20 secs[This is to get rid of any electricity that might still remain, Remove the side-panel from your Computer. You should see a cuboid looking object with a bunch of color coded wires coming from it. Detach these wires from each of your devices, unscrew the power supply unit then slide the PSU from the slot. Insert the new unit, then follow the procedure in reverse

motherboard does NOT = RAM!

The Dell Dimensions don't have RAM built into the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back